baggage all the way through?

mitchpam

I read the post about two carriers and have a question of my own...

We are leaving to go overseas and have a Delta flight connecting through JFK to a JAL flight.

Will we have to pick up our bags in New York and re-check them for the flight overseas?

The tickets were done through my husbands work and we have E-tickets, but I do not know how the actual check-in/flying process goes. Any help would be appreciated...

We are leaving to go overseas and have a Delta flight connecting through JFK to a JAL flight.

Will we have to pick up our bags in New York and re-check them for the flight overseas?

The tickets were done through my husbands work and we have E-tickets, but I do not know how the actual check-in/flying process goes. Any help would be appreciated...

If the airport you are flying out of (Delta flight) has international check in capacity (some smaller airports do not), your luggage should be checked through to Singapore IF you only have one through ticket.

IF you have two separate tickets, you will have to recheck your bags at JFK. IF your originating airport does not have international capacity (check your passport, check the no fly list for international travelers, other strictly international stuff), you will have to check in and recheck bags. However, since this was booked by your husband's employer, I highly doubt that you will have to do any of this. Enjoy!!!!

Where you are flying out from Maine? as I know some airports in Maine are very regional ones.

I assume you have one thru-ticket from your home airport all the way to Asia? If your ticket is not one ticket but 2 tickets combined, then you would have to claim your luggage at New York and then recheck them. If your ticket is a thru-ticket, then it depends on your home airport. The DL check-in counter at your departure airport can tell you if your luggages can be checked-thru or not.

What we have is an E-ticket with all the flight numbers and connections... not an actual ticket. We are headed to the airport in 45 minutes and I guess time will be the teller of this tale...

Thanks for the help.

All of this depends how the ticket reservations were made and whether or not there are agreements in places between the two airlines. Gall Delta with your ticket information and they will be able to look up your reservation and let you know.

Keith

Archived