Differnce between 8L and 8A Balcony Guarantee

iancal

Can anyone tell me the difference between these two categories. It appears to me like a 'marketing' differentiation but having never sailed Carnival I am not sure. Have seen this on Pride and Splendor pricing tables. We want an unoabstructed balcay. Thanks

I might be wrong but I think the 8L guarantee is meant as BL guarantee meaning any balcony including obstructed view. 8A guarantee means you are guaranteed a balcony without obstructed view. I had an 8A guarantee and ended up with an 8E, deck 6 aft extended balcony. Great upgrade for free.

I might be wrong but I think the 8L guarantee is meant as BL guarantee meaning any balcony including obstructed view. 8A guarantee means you are guaranteed a balcony without obstructed view. I had an 8A guarantee and ended up with an 8E, deck 6 aft extended balcony. Great upgrade for free.

We were told the same thing by our travel agent. Not all ships have obstructed balconies, though. We were sailing the Miracle at the time so we opted for the 8A to avoid the possibility of obstructed.

I have always been told that a BL does not include the obstructed balconies. I usually book a BL. You have to book a 7A to get the obstructed life boat rooms. But, you should call Carnival for peace of mind.

Archived