Staying On Board While Ship In Port

COLLEYBERRY

One of the ports on our Eurodam New England itinerary is a fine city my DH and I have already visited.We thought we would remain onboard and enjoy some of the facilities the ship has to offer when presumably she will be a little quieter.

Perhaps breakfast in the dining room ,rather than room service,We are even toying with renting one of the infamous poolside cabanas(weather,availability and reviews withstanding)

Our first cruise was 7 days and all so new to us. We thought we would take a day and simply savor the ship. Any suggestions for our ship day??? I realize the choices are many but any particularly nice when ship is less busy.

We just returned from 12 nights on Zuiderdam, Venice to Barcelona. On our sea day, I borrowed an I-Pod from the Explorations cafe which included a self guided tour of all of the beautiful artwork on the ship. The recording was upbeat, funny, and informative, and I truly enjoyed the hour it took to tour the ship.

We just returned from 12 nights on Zuiderdam, Venice to Barcelona. On our sea day, I borrowed an I-Pod from the Explorations cafe which included a self guided tour of all of the beautiful artwork on the ship. The recording was upbeat, funny, and informative, and I truly enjoyed the hour it took to tour the ship.

Thank you !! Just the kind of thing we had in mind. I would so enjoy an art tour. Perfect!! Thanks again.

You stole my idea!!:D ;)

We've been to so many Caribbean and Canada/New England ports many, many times and often don't leave the ship or only leave for a short time.

We sometimes get off only to walk around the port area, roam into nearby shops or go for lunch and reboard after a brief time ashore.

The ship is at its best IMO when most people are off in port. :)

More often than not Pinnacle is closed in port but not always. Sometimes you might get lucky and find it is open and you can enjoy a wonderful lunch there. (Cost is $10 per person.)

Thank you every one . Wonderful ideas. We dined in the Pinnacle our last cruise never thought of it for lunch. The Tamarind should be open regardless,

correct?? The menu sound delicious!!The port specials you speak of will this information come to our cabin?? Our"ship day"may turn out to be the most event filled of all lol

The port specials you speak of will this information come to our cabin??
Oh, yes! :D

Maybe one of those new Microsoft digital photography classes will be available, if you're interested in that. Or a cooking class. Or wine-tasting, or drink mixing class? Check your Daily Program.

GOODNESS!! You C.Cers are one terrific bunch!! What to choose !.What to choose! My husband would so love the photography class,if anyone sees two

gleeful Canadians trying to embrace the ship on a single day that will be us!!

I knew the Eurodam being dedicated on my birthday was a good sign!

Thank you all

Colleyberry, I notice you're from Newmarket and I just wanted to say "hi, neighbour!" We live right next door, in Sharon. ;)

Hope you have an awesome cruise, be sure to write a review or tell us all about it. Oh, and take lots of pics!! :D

GOODNESS!! You C.Cers are one terrific bunch!! What to choose !.What to choose! My husband would so love the photography class,if anyone sees two

gleeful Canadians trying to embrace the ship on a single day that will be us!!

I knew the Eurodam being dedicated on my birthday was a good sign!

Thank you all

Picture of what was shown for the Digital class area of the ship:

eurodam_133.jpg?t=1214770588

Colleyberry, I notice you're from Newmarket and I just wanted to say "hi, neighbour!" We live right next door, in Sharon. ;)

Hope you have an awesome cruise, be sure to write a review or tell us all about it. Oh, and take lots of pics!! :D

Wow "IT,S A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL" and it would appear cruising makes even smaller.

Eurodam is being dedicated on Canadas' birthday as well. Do you think the Dutch would mind if we claimed a little bit of her for ourselves( our nations have always had a soft spot for one another) I believe Queen Beatrix found safe haven in Canada as a child during World War II.

Our capitol Ottawa has a glorious display of tulips every spring. A lovely thankyou from the Dutch people for giving refuge to the Royal family and for our Canadian troops who helped liberate their country.

I will be sure and wriite a review,detail,details lol Thank you for your good wishes

I plan to stay onboard the ship for our Ashdod and Haifa ports (I was there just last November) and to me, it's a wonderful way to explore and enjoy the ship without all those other people! :) I'll probably find a wonderful spot and curl up and read.

Ruth and I do this quite frequently. We have sailed in the Caribbean so much there is nothing to see in many of the ports.

If we shop we know what we want and where it is and go there and come back.

It is nice to have the whole ship to ourselves and there ias a lot of peace and quiet.

For us the ship is the destination, no the pports...

Ruth & Jim

Archived