Delta..Atlanta Flights

We are flying Delta for my nephew's wedding in FL in September. Our flights have changed at least 10 times since 2 months ago. The last change, they gave us only a 12 minute layover in Atlanta!! I mean, come on, if you are going to change flights, at least make sure they are doable. I called Delta and got it switched, but like the rest of the posters, I never got any type of notification. We also have flights booked on Midwest and United, and so far, so good on those flights. I check at least once a week to make sure our flights are still acceptable.

Everyone should be more proactive about checking flights. Can you imagine how many people Delta would have to call for every change they make? People need to take responsibility for their own arrangements. Every airline is doing this. Not just Delta. I am almost 100% loyal to Delta, but they are having equipment changes all the time. I check my itineraries at least once a week. I also check to see how full flights are. If I have a trip that is really close and the plane looks empty, I assume something is going to change. I do, most of the time, get an email from Delta when my flight schedule changes. One thing about Delta through Atlanta, is something is always happening there. Summer there is a mess! The weather is crazy with thunder storms... It is a major Delta hub... and you almost can't help but going through there if you are with Delta.

I think all of us just have to hope for the best with flights now... they are having to make so many changes just to stay in business. It won't keep me from traveling, but it will make me a little more flexible... dangit!

I disagree with you. I fly frequently and always receive email notification on any flight changes with other airlines. Delta is lax with their notifications and there is no excuse for this.:mad: I understand that things happen and have no issue with this its the lack of communication that is the problem! Why is it that Delta can send me an email to wish me Happy Birthday yet can't notify me of flight changes???:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I am travling in April..My 1st leg has been changed but thats it for now...I am in agreement with everyone else on this board....KEEP CHECKING :eek:

Just checked again....all my legs have changed and now we have a 5 hour lay-over instead of 2 1/2 hrs going out to LA..... going to call to see if there is an earlier flight and try not to get charged for anything

when penny emailed me about this, i checked online with our comfirmation number....we are leaving a day before them and ours was changed too, but either we are leaving 1/2 later or 1/2 earlier....layover in atlanta going to lax is an hr extra and coming back 20 minutes....hope it does not change again....actually the flight to lax from mdt went up in price but there is no charge.....

I disagree with you. I fly frequently and always receive email notification on any flight changes with other airlines. Delta is lax with their notifications and there is no excuse for this.:mad: I understand that things happen and have no issue with this its the lack of communication that is the problem! Why is it that Delta can send me an email to wish me Happy Birthday yet can't notify me of flight changes???:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I read somewhere on Delta's web site that they do not notify you of thechange unless the change was outside a 2 hr window.

Penny

• 2 weeks later...

Well now I'm really annoyed with Delta.:mad: Went online yesterday to check my reservations. My trip at the beginning of Nov was changed again due to a change in aircraft and a 10min flight time change. No biggie but again no notification.

The big problem was when I checked my second reservation for the 27th of November. My flights were changed with another connection added and had me arriving in Atlanta 9pm when my connecting flight left at 5:45pm. :eek: Yeah....like thats gonna work.:rolleyes:

So I call Delta and explain that I'm flying from Kelowna to Seattle with Alaska and will be arriving in Seattle at 7:20am and I have the agent tell me that there are NO possible flights from Seattle with Delta that can get me to FLL on the same day.:mad: The agent even checked flights flying into West Palm Beach and Miami but still no flights. Delta has cancelled almost all of their flights from Seattle. They have a 6am flight a 7:55am flight which won't work cause my plane doesn't land till 7:20am and I have to clear customs, collect luggage and recheck luggage with Delta and this ain't gonna happen in a 35min connection. Next flight out isn't until 10:15PM which makes it a 15 hour layover.:eek: :mad:

The Delta agent was nice and all and check flights connecting through a variety of cities but could not find even ONE that would get me from Seattle to FLL in one day without an overnight connection. I'm sorry.....but this is ridiculous. It shouldn't take 29 hours to fly from Kelowna to FLL.....heck I can fly to Europe in less time.

The Delta agent was nice and all and check flights connecting through a variety of cities but could not find even ONE that would get me from Seattle to FLL in one day without an overnight connection. I'm sorry.....but this is ridiculous. It shouldn't take 29 hours to fly from Kelowna to FLL.....heck I can fly to Europe in less time.

Yes, the schedule changes are annoying but you can't blame Delta for it taking 29 hours to fly from Kelowna to FLL since you didn't book your entire ticket with them.

Yes, the schedule changes are annoying but you can't blame Delta for it taking 29 hours to fly from Kelowna to FLL since you didn't book your entire ticket with them.

Actually it wouldn't matter if I did or not because there are only 2 airlines from Kelowna that partner with Delta so the flight choices would have been the same whether or not I purchased the ticket as a partner fare. We only have 3 airlines and the other is West jet and they do not partner with any airlines. So it would be the same itinerary whether I booked a partner fare or not so YES I can blame Delta!:rolleyes:

I can change my Alaska flight without any problems but the problem lies with no available connections with Delta. This problem would be the same whether I booked as one or the way I did as Alaska ALWAYS partners to get to FLL. I would be in the same prediciment if I purchased a partner fare except that I'd be out a heck of alot more money!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Good point. I have just emailed him to ask for clarification and if there is any rule that applies or recourse available when airlines cancel in advance of the date but offer you an alternative that suits them but is very inconvenient for the traveler.

In March '08, I booked Delta flights for me and DW for a November '08 cruise (connecting in ATL). To date, our itinerary has been changed no less than four times. However; the departure and arrival times remain close to the originals, mostly equipment changes. No notifications were given, but none were expected. As pointed out by another poster, the airlines make last minute notifications due to the high probability of schedule/equipment changes.

We're trying AirTran in January for our flights to San Juan. Oddly enough, they actually added a returning flight the next week. Given what I'm seeing on the thread, tat has me wondering if they are picking up the slack from the cancelled flights. If so, good for them!

Even with that apparent bit of good news, I'm keeping an eye on our flight times as they've already changed once! :eek: That change left us with a 45 minute layover in Atlanta. Bit short for my taste, but at least we don't have to change airlines.

This again brings out the wisdom of flying down the day before your cruise!:)

Even with that apparent bit of good news, I'm keeping an eye on our flight times as they've already changed once! :eek: That change left us with a 45 minute layover in Atlanta. Bit short for my taste, but at least we don't have to change airlines.

This again brings out the wisdom of flying down the day before your cruise!:)

Yep, if all's on time this gives you just enough time at Hartsfileld-Jackson for a leisurely sprint between gates!:eek: ;) No, you should do just fine if all's on time.

I have found that even if you do not use miles to buy your ticket, log into the airlines website through your frequent flier number (get a number if you don't have one). It will automatically pick up your itineraries. I booked two international flights this year both connecting through Atlanta. It was an easy way to keep up with changes. This sounds silly, but I would check it once a day, particularly if you are flying to a cruise. We were very lucky as the changes to our flights actually shortened our layovers. My sympathies to those who now have a long flight instead of a short one. BTW, if you are booking an Atlanta connection this summer, try to fly in the morning. In the summer you are likely to encounter thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening which often results in delays.

I use Kayak.com to check schedules and have found it cheaper and much easier to discuss changes if I then book directly with the airlines.

Archived