? about repositioning and airfare

I was wondering if there is any secret to cheap airfare when you have to purchase two one way legs of a flight based on one departure spot and a different debarkation spot. Is it best to just get airfare from RCCL? Better to just hope from cheap one way fares? Thanks to anyone who has tips. :)

You really need to shop around. In some cases the cruise line will have the best deal for the one way airafre. In many cases you can find something better yourself. We did a repo cruise on the Galaxy from San Juan to Baltimore and I found one way airfare to San Juan for much less than the price offered by the cruise line.

The prices from RCCL are not bad if your booking a long way in advance, also you have the securety if any thing goes wrong that they are going to help you. We usually book our own but try to arrive a day early as a cushion if we have flight problems. If your booking the cruise that is only a few months in advance the air price is much more expencive.

Brian J

I am finding the same problem. Also look at the low cost air carriers like Southwest, Independence Air or Jet Blue. (There are others). The low cost airlines sell their seats based on a one way purchase so wheather you are flying to Miami roundtrip or to miami one way, the leg to Miami will cost the same. Internet travel booking sites do not search for fares on most of the low cost carriers, you will actually have to go to each airlines website.

I will need to fly to Miami and them home form Newark. Delta, US Air, and United want around $800.00 per person for the whole trip. Southwest looks like $99.00 to Fort Lauderdale and them from Newark, NJ home I will fly Independence air for $89.00!!!

And the airlines wonder why they are going bankrupt!!!!!!!!

Another tip I just found last night....Go to the website for the airport you wish to fly from. Most publish a search function that allows you to look at schedules of every flight from that airport to and from other airports. You can see who flies where and then go to that airlines website to look up fares.

Good luck!

I am also on a repo (NOLA to San Juan) and I have found RCI airfare for 4 @$1450 but searching on my own I found American and United one way total $1125. I am using Philly airport so for me it is cheaper to book myself.

The airlines are going bankrupt because their costs are too high! If they lowered their prices, they might sell more tickets, but then they'd have to run more flights and then their costs would be even higher, and they'd actually lose money faster!

Archived