Can a mini-suite sleep 5?

alaskafan2

Can the Star mini-suite sleep 5? On some travel web sites, I can input 5 passengers for the mini-suite, and it looks like I can make a reservation. On the NCL web site, when I input 5 passengers the only available suite is the Garden Villa - a bit out of my price range :D

You could try two inside cabins, and sleep 3 in one and 2 in another. If they are adjoining it will be like one big cabin. And likely a lot less than a Garden Villa in price!

A mini-suite has one double bed and a pull-out sofa that can sleep two more. If you have small kids they could perhaps fit more than two on a bed, but definitely not teens or adults. I do not know if they would allow this even if they would fit.

You could ask about a rollaway bed, but again I do not know if that would be allowed. It would sure be a crowded and most likely uncomfortable arrangement.

Can the Star mini-suite sleep 5? On some travel web sites, I can input 5 passengers for the mini-suite, and it looks like I can make a reservation. On the NCL web site, when I input 5 passengers the only available suite is the Garden Villa - a bit out of my price range :D

Perhaps they are all gone for the sailing you checked, but an AB on the Star will accommodate 5. If the AB on the Star is anything like on the Dawn, the 2nd bedroom has a full sized convertible couch and a pullman on the wall.

But yes, the more economical choice would probably be 2 connecting interior staterooms.

Perhaps they are all gone for the sailing you checked, but an AB on the Star will accommodate 5. If the AB on the Star is anything like on the Dawn, the 2nd bedroom has a full sized convertible couch and a pullman on the wall.

But yes, the more economical choice would probably be 2 connecting interior staterooms.

Yes, it looks like the AB is gone - it's only a mini-suite or Garden villa in the suite category. I already booked 2 mini-suites with 4 people in each. Now my younger niece wants to come along. The inner rooms across are filled, and I was hoping not to book a 3rd cabin anyway.

There also don't seem to be any balconies available if I tried to switch from a mini-suite to balcony, and I want a balcony for my 86 year-old mother to enjoy the view without having to walk around. So it looks like my niece will have to join us on our next cruise.

Thanks for everyone's help!

I already booked 2 mini-suites with 4 people in each. Now my younger niece wants to come along.

If your group is that big, I'd suggest a 3rd stateroom somewhere, even if it were an interior down the hall. 4 in a mini-suite - although they can sleep 4 - is going to be very cramped! Just having a 3rd bathroom available would probably be in the best interest of the group! You just need to make sure there's an adult to supervise.

Good luck! I hope everything works out for you.

If your group is that big, I'd suggest a 3rd stateroom somewhere, even if it were an interior down the hall. 4 in a mini-suite - although they can sleep 4 - is going to be very cramped! Just having a 3rd bathroom available would probably be in the best interest of the group! You just need to make sure there's an adult to supervise.

Good luck! I hope everything works out for you.

Thanks, Auntie Barb, this is turning into quite the extended family vacation! The thing is we have 2 adults, 2 seniors (my husband to his dismay is considered a senior!), 3 kids, and my 20-old niece falls somewhere in between. If her younger sister comes then it's 4 kids, and I'd have to figure out how to arrange it so there's an adult in each cabin. Plus, we'd run into the same reason we ended up with 4 in each mini-suite - it's so economical to add the 3rd & 4th person.

We have had the same AE Penthouse suite twice on the Star..and I can tell you..if there had been one other personin there.. even a small child.. I would have gone crazy. I honestly can NOT imagine putting five people of any size in a mini suite.

Keep in mind that a mini suite if really just a larger balcony. It is NOT a suite in any sense of the imagination. Only thing that MIGHT qualify is that you can pull a curtain between the bed and the couch area. You can lay in the bed and actually touch the couch, it is that close.

And there is still only ONE bathroom, and one set of lights and one tv and one closet. Doable? Yes. A vacation? For a few, but not this guy.

One other thing to keep in mind.. You said you would have to divide adults between the multiple rooms with minors.. I think that is only during check in. I am very sure they do not check to see who sleeps where during the actual cruise. I have known of MANY families that had a balcony room and an inside across the hall. Parents had the balcony room and kids slept in the inside stateroom.

Archived