Best Restaurant on Las Olas (FLL)

We ate at Shula's on the Beach (steak house) and it was excellent. It is a good distance from your hotel and our cab driver did not know where he was going. He passed it by and had to double back:rolleyes:.

Actually Shulas On The Beach is located on the same property as Sheraton Yankee Clipper Hotel. But if I remember it is quite pricey but excellent. We stayed and ate there 2 years ago. I vote for the Cheesecake Factory. Their appetizers are great and of course their cheesecakes are yummeeeee.

Just taking suggestions for your favorite pre or post-cruise restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale's Las Olas Blvd.

Any interesting stories, fun facts? I have never been to FLL and and we are staying at the Sheraton Yankee Clipper, and I'd like to take my parents and sister to a nice, casual dinner. Nothing too fancy :)

Thanks in advance!

We stayed precruise there also. There is an open air mall within walking (maybe 3 blocks) that has all types of casual dining ie:pizza, ribs place, etc. It also has a stage in center of mall with live entertainment at night. (its on same property of Marriotts Time Share Hotel).

Not sure of its location, but we went to the Rustic Inn pre-cruise in March. It's a low key crab shack. The food was great, and we had a great time.

The Rustic Inn is a great place just off Griffin Rd (south of FLL airport). It's not easy to find but once you do, it's worth the hunt.

2P.P1

Actually Shulas On The Beach is located on the same property as Sheraton Yankee Clipper Hotel. But if I remember it is quite pricey but excellent. We stayed and ate there 2 years ago. I vote for the Cheesecake Factory. Their appetizers are great and of course their cheesecakes are yummeeeee.

Actually, Shulas on the Beach is located in the Sheraton Yankee Trader, not the Sheraton Yankee Clipper.

Karen

We caught up with KeywestK and crew at the Quarterdeck Bar & Grill about a block from the beach on East Las Olas. Atmosphere was fun, but my wife and I didn't eat much because we'd already had dinner before we got there.

Gets busy on a Saturday night, that's for certain!

Hey Dave.....I was JUST going to post about Quarterdeck and viola! There's your post. We really like Quarterdeck too, and have been there several times over the years. How and you and Tammie doing??

Karen/KeywestK

Another choice might be SeaWatch - right on the beach in Fort Lauderdale. Why not go into trip advisor and check out a few reviews for some of the restaurants mentioned here.

Whatever you choose hope you enjoy it.

I have to second the Rustic inn if you can get there and love crab, SeaWatch in lauderdale by the Sea on the beach and Le Bon Crepe for lunch. If you get crepes stop into the store next door. it is amazing and has some really unique things, even the b'day cards are special and expensive, but keepers. Got my DH one of a drive in diner with old cars etc. it is set up with his old car collection.

Hi...you're so close to me, that's funny! Thanks for your message...I was actually looking for something different than the CF, but again, thanks. I will take your advice and take the water taxi.

When did you sail on the Enchantment? We've been before, but not since the stretching.

I don't blame you for wanting to try something that's not from around here. We might have tried something different than the CF, but we got off at the wrong stop on the water taxi and really didn't know where to eat. We've never been to a CF and we thought it was a great place with great food.

To answer your question, we were on the Enchantment last Thanksgiving week. Have fun and you've got so many great answers.

BTW: My kids go to school in N. Royalton. That is funny how close we are.

Recently celebrated my birthday over two nights and had two wonderful dinners at restaurants I had not been to before - first night was at Seasons 52 at Galleria (easily accessible by water taxi). Truly good, and good for you at the same time. Second night was Chima Brazilian Steakhouse on the east end of Las Olas (near the bridge going over the intracoastal). I had always wanted to try it, and was really impressed by the outdoor bar area to start off our night. Inside, dinner was incredible. It is a prix fixe menu, and some think it is a little pricey - I thought it was well worth it for the quality (and quantity) of food you got.

Recently celebrated my birthday over two nights and had two wonderful dinners at restaurants I had not been to before - first night was at Seasons 52 at Galleria (easily accessible by water taxi). Truly good, and good for you at the same time. Second night was Chima Brazilian Steakhouse on the east end of Las Olas (near the bridge going over the intracoastal). I had always wanted to try it, and was really impressed by the outdoor bar area to start off our night. Inside, dinner was incredible. It is a prix fixe menu, and some think it is a little pricey - I thought it was well worth it for the quality (and quantity) of food you got.

We had planned to go to Chima but when asking our concierge at the airport Hilton about arranging a cab, they suggested Rustic Inn. Maybe next time we'll stay two nights and get to do both!

Just wanted to say THANKS for all the great ideas and advice!! keep them coming! I really want to try the Rustic Inn, but it might be too far to go for just one evening (my parents aren't ones to travel far for a meal).

Thanks again, everyone.

Thank YOU for posting this... we are sailing Enchantment in August and looking for a place to eat when we arrive in FLL the night before also... Rustic Inn sounds great but I agree that it may be too far for us to travel... There have been some great suggestions so far...

We are staying near the cruise port (like within a mile or two according to the map)... any suggestions all????

And about these water taxis... where do they pick you up??? how available are they???

Thank YOU for posting this... we are sailing Enchantment in August and looking for a place to eat when we arrive in FLL the night before also... Rustic Inn sounds great but I agree that it may be too far for us to travel... There have been some great suggestions so far...

We are staying near the cruise port (like within a mile or two according to the map)... any suggestions all????

And about these water taxis... where do they pick you up??? how available are they???

Check out www.watertaxi.com for all the info.

Where exactly are you staying near the port?

Archived