Fun for Teens

My DH was 14 on the MOS and I really like how they separate the 12-14 and 15-17yo unlike Princess when my 13yo was with 13-17yo. They do hang out in the same places and have some activities together.( they have two teen hangouts, the living room and the disco, AOS, which we are going on this summer only has the disco) Another good thing on RC, they don't let the under 18 crowd to roam the ship after 1am. Even if they are just eating in the buffet, they are told it is after curfew. They usually have an icebreaker and scavenger hunt the 1st night and other activities all day on sea days and evenings on port days. Kareoke, sports, disco and at least one teen dinner are some of the activities. My DD has always met girls the 1st night to hang out the rest of the week. They also have their own time on the rock wall and in the ice rink. Sometimes my DD will go meet up there with her friends and if they think the planned activity is "lame" they will go to the show or just hang out.

My DH was 14 on the MOS and I really like how they separate the 12-14 and 15-17yo unlike Princess when my 13yo was with 13-17yo. They do hang out in the same places and have some activities together.( they have two teen hangouts, the living room and the disco, AOS, which we are going on this summer only has the disco) Another good thing on RC, they don't let the under 18 crowd to roam the ship after 1am. Even if they are just eating in the buffet, they are told it is after curfew. They usually have an icebreaker and scavenger hunt the 1st night and other activities all day on sea days and evenings on port days. Kareoke, sports, disco and at least one teen dinner are some of the activities. My DD has always met girls the 1st night to hang out the rest of the week. They also have their own time on the rock wall and in the ice rink. Sometimes my DD will go meet up there with her friends and if they think the planned activity is "lame" they will go to the show or just hang out.

is there a disco club just for kids on the mariner of the seas?

do you know what the age rules are?

They often have two sessions, one earlier for younger teens, and one later for older teens.

It may break down as 12-14 and 15-17. After you turn 18, you may not go into Fuel.

can you roam the ship with an adult?

i have a 13 and 15 year old who really would feel more comfortable if they were together. are they strict about the age rules.

Last year on Explorer of the Seas my 14 year old met some 15 year olds and wanted to hang out with them. On the first night she explained (probably begged) that she would like to stay with her friends and they finally let her into the older teen area, but warned her "one strike and you're out!" She was delighted and loved being one of the big teens. I don't think you'll have too much trouble if the 15 year old is happy to downsize, but I don't think they'd let the 13 year old upsize :( Hope this helps.

Archived