Solo Transportation Q? - LAX

gumballz

My situation is very similar to a lot of people who have posted the questions that I'm about to post on here....but it is slightly different. Any advice is appreciated!

I will be flying into LAX and staying at a hotel near the airport the night before my cruise on the Monarch. What is my best option for getting to the port from either my hotel or the airport (I'm willing to take the hotel shuttle back to the airport Monday morning if need be) to the port?

Also, what is my best option for the return trip back to the airport on Friday, after my cruise? My flight is right around 3 p.m.

What times should I plan on leaving the airport or hotel and the port, to arrive at a decent time at each location?

The difference is that I'm cruising solo on this cruise....so sharing fares for anything is not an option. I'd like to save money, so I have more to play with....but I'll do whatever I need to do to get to the port and back safely. I'll be traveling lightly, so I can do the self disembark as well.

**The airfare, hotel and cruise have all been arranged and paid for by my wonderful family....as a gift, so I cannot change anything. I need to work around what I already have. Thanks!

If I'm reading your post correctly (and I'm pretty tired), you're asking about staying at a hotel near LAX (which was booked for you) and perhaps taking the hotel shuttle to LAX and then catching a shuttle to the pier.

If that's your question, you should consider just arranging a shuttle pickup (I'm talking about a private company such as Supershuttle) at your hotel the morning of your cruise that will take you directly to the World Cruise Center in San Pedro. Would save you time plus inconvenience (the hotel shuttle to the airport will probably be fill of people and luggage). Or you can consider taking a taxi. I'm not sure what will be less money as I don't use taxis here, but I imagine others will give you some advice on that.

The last time I checked (before gas prices rose so high) the cost for a single person in a shared shuttle from SuperShuttle from either the airport or an airport hotel to the port is $17 one way. A cab (unless you find someone to share with) will be at least $55.

So a shuttle company will pick me up at my hotel? Will we still have to go to the airport and drive around for awhile if they do that? I'm trying to figure out what time to make my reservation.

What's a good time to attempt to arrive at the port?

What is a good time to make my reservation to be picked up at the ship for my return to LAX?

Thanks!

So a shuttle company will pick me up at my hotel? Will we still have to go to the airport and drive around for awhile if they do that? I'm trying to figure out what time to make my reservation.

What's a good time to attempt to arrive at the port?

What is a good time to make my reservation to be picked up at the ship for my return to LAX?

Thanks!

Super Shuttle will pick you up from anywhere (airport / hotel / house / cruiseport) and take reservations 3 months in advance.

The bast time to arrive at the port is 1-2 hours after boarding has started (little to no lines.)

Reservations for pick up from the cruise port can be tricky. Sometimes debarcation in LA can be slow depending on how many cruise ships are there at once and what kind of mood the customs officials are in. Here is a good link to check the number of ships that will be in port at the World Cruise Center:

http://www.sanpedro.com/spcom/cruiscal.htm

If you have plenty of time before your flight, you could always sleep in, relax onboard and have a liesurely breakfast and get off with the last group.

Have a great trip!

Archived