Coral Alaska 2008

CBowling

I need info for the summer 2008 Coral cruise! Which night is formal night? Is Alaska as formal as the Caribbean? I would love to see the Patters for the week, southbound from Anchorage to Vancouver. Help. We sail in 2 weeks!!!

As other folks have said, Alaska is if anything a bit more formal than Caribbean. Maybe 50% tux. The folks wearing jeans in the dining room were remarked on (but they did let them in). Our cruise last fall was northbound, but generally formal is first sea day and about fifth night.

Watch for special Alaska buffet on Glacier Bay day, plus fantastic dessert layout where the stage is in the buffet.

Bring your bathing suit, shorts and sweats - soft loungers by indoor pool and just slip on the sweats to go outside to take pictures. Also, you can check out blankets from the pool attendants to use for the whole cruise.

I need info for the summer 2008 Coral cruise! Which night is formal night? Is Alaska as formal as the Caribbean? I would love to see the Patters for the week, southbound from Anchorage to Vancouver. Help. We sail in 2 weeks!!!

Formal nites are usually the 2nd and the 6th nites and yes Alaska is just as formal as the Caribbean.

Marilyn

Formal nites are usually the 2nd and the 6th nites and yes Alaska is just as formal as the Caribbean.

Marilyn

To clarify, formal nights are usually on your sea days, which is also 2nd and 6th on the itinerary.

Previous posters are correct....formal nights were the 2nd and 6th nights. I only saw a handful in tuxes and very formal dresses. Most men were in nice suits or khaki pants/navy blazer combos. Women wore knee length dresses some with glitz, some not.

Ladies,

Remember if you are wearing something strapless or with almost bare shoulders to bring a wrap or nice sweater as you will be cool and the fancy dress doesn't look too good with a fleece jacket. They do sell those $15 pashimas in the gift shop.

Last year on the Coral we were perfectly appropriate with the men wearing jackets/ties and pants (i.e., not suits), and the ladies wearing nice skirts with black tops. No glitz, just something you'd feel comfortable wearing at an evening wedding or nice dinner party. Good manners are the easiest thing to pack, and go with everything.;)

Just got back from the Coral last week and overall this was a much less formal cruise than a typical caribbean cruise. On many of the casual nights saw plenty of jeans, mostly neat. On formal nights saw a few tuxes, not too many, plenty of suits, sports jackets with casual slacks and tie. Many woman were just wearing simple nice dresses or pants outfits on formal night, some dressed up a little more. By far this was the most casual cruise I have seen except for a couple I've taken on NCL. Even on formal night saw a few jeans.

Just got back from the Coral last week and overall this was a much less formal cruise than a typical caribbean cruise. On many of the casual nights saw plenty of jeans, mostly neat. On formal nights saw a few tuxes, not too many, plenty of suits, sports jackets with casual slacks and tie. Many woman were just wearing simple nice dresses or pants outfits on formal night, some dressed up a little more. By far this was the most casual cruise I have seen except for a couple I've taken on NCL. Even on formal night saw a few jeans.

I am wondering as the season goes on with all the baggage restrictions if this will become more common than earlier in the season when two bags were the norm.

Janice

I have posted the Northbound patters - I think you'll be able to readjust them to Southbound (June 9-16)

http://imageevent.com/rcurry/coralprincessmenuspatters

You're also welcome to look at our trip and ship pictures at

http://imageevent.com/rcurry/alaska

You'll have a great trip.

Robinsegg...thank you so much for sharing your photos...dh and I will be sailing on Coral September 2009...I know a long way off but we have two cruises before that and it is my BD gift...deposit for this BD (July) and pay off cruise for BD 2009...again thanks so much for the great photos...

p.s. forgot to add this will be two firsts for us...first to Alaska and first on Princess...we are really excited...=)

Archived