The night before you cruise...

JrMafia90

I was just wondering what do other people do the night before they go on their cruise. Do you finish packing or start packing? Do you go to bed early? Or do you party?

Well on my last cruise on the Glory (August 28) I remeber the night before like it was yesterday. We were just so busy getting our suitcases ready. Confirming the limo pick up. Then at night we went to the mall right before it colsed to get thoe last minute clothes we need. They we decided to go to Applebee's. It was great. Woke up at 5:00 AM, not a soul on the road (until we got out of the development). Stopped at Dunkin donuts. Then my everybody's favorite song came on by Alicia Keys "If I Ain't Got You' everybody was singing it. It was just som much fun. I wish I could relive it. I will type the rest of it and the rest of the details later.

I party the night before too! For our Miracle cruise, we stayed at Embassy Suites the night before and met some of our fellow cruisers for free drinks! ;) And the night before our Destiny cruise we had a sleepover party at our house for everyone that was sailing with us - what a blast!!! :D

The night before.....

I fill my car up w/gas. I pack, but don't put all the clothes in until the next morning. (I have only an hour+ drive to the port.)

I have a 'cruise drawer' in a dresser that I keep all my necessities in year-round - travel clock, small insulated bag, highlighter pen, sun hat, beach towel, water shoes, a dozen assorted sizes of ziplok bags, underwater camera, extra film and batteries, camcorder stuff, etc . I pack all those items.

I set my elec. alarm clock, as well as a battery-operated one. Don't want to risk oversleeping, and who knows when the electricity might go out in the middle of the night? Can you say "paranoid"?:rolleyes:

The last thing I do is go thru my cat list. I make sure the litterbox is clean, plenty of food and water, treats, toys sprinkled w/catnip, commode lid up (yeah, she sometimes drinks out of it):p.

Guess that's about it. EZ

I fly in a day or two in advance. So, the night before the cruise I party! This year there will be over 70 of us at the Bon Voyage dinner in New Orleans. 0507.gif

The night before I leave for the cruise is filled with stress and all the last minute things that have to be done. The cats go to their vacation resort in the forest. Packing up four cats, all their food, their beds, and the kitty condo is rather hectic. (Especially, since Miss Jasmine would rather kill me than enter her carrier. 0521.gif) The dogs go their trainer's home. Not much hassle, but I do have to remember beds, treats, and food. This time, Brady & I have an agility lesson the night before I leave, so I'll just leave the dogs there after the lesson.

Then, I'll get home at around 9:00 and finish packing. I'll get to bed at midnight, but won't be able to sleep. So, I'll get up and make sure that all the important stuff (documents, id, money, etc.) are where they should be. I'll finally get to sleep after 2:00 a.m., and a few hours later the alarm clock will go off. 0530.gif

WOW, it's a good thing I'm travelling two days before the cruise!

I remember the night before my first cruise like it was yesterday. Being the procrastinator I am, I was at my b-friends apt until like 2am. Left and went home to finish sewing up my formal dress. Finally, it was done and I could start packing. Then, before I knew it, it was time to load up the car, pick up my friend and head to the airport. And of course, the first night on board is the singles party so I think I finally went to sleep on Monday sometime!! Good thing the first day was at sea!! :)

This will be the first time I leave the day before the cruise, so things should be very laid back. Lots of time to switch to party mode!

Well, I have only done it once but I packed and waited and waited and couldn't sleep and got up in the middle of the night and checked CC then tried to sleep and waited and waited and - you get the picture. :D

I will be doing it again this upcoming Thursday - but only for a ctn - so it shouldn't take too long to pack and then more waiting!! LOL

Terri

Well, we have to be at the aiport in January no later than 4:00am, so I imagine we'll hit the sheets about 9:00pm and continue watching the clock to be sure the alarm goes off at 2:30am when we have to get up!!!!! (I should say - get to get up !!!!!!)

We've done various things in the past depending on whether or not we were meeting up with old friends, going alone, or meeting up with our roll call group (new friends :) ).

Two weeks from now, we'll be meeting some of the folks from our roll call here on CC for dinner, drinks and some laughs. We don't usually party late, but who knows with this group! :D After that it's back to the hotel to get some sleep after a long day of flying. Next morning we'll be up early and ready to board the ship!

I'm usually excited and pack about a week before and then last minute pack all the stuff I decided before hand that I did not need. I begin my vacation the minute I leave work before vacation and start celebrating the minute I get home. I want to extend my trip as long as possible. :)

I know I will not be able to sleep the night before the cruise, so instead I stay up allnight so I am ready to go in the morning, spend those last few moments with friends, check up with my technology to make sure I have ready. Then I usually turn up some smooth Guitar and sit there for 4 hours playing on my computers and watching tv, till it is time to go, then I go and we enjoy our seats on Airtran, where the steward(s) all know my dad because he flys weekly, and we fly first of course, all free on Airtran. Wee! Free Potato Skins!

On my last cruise I was entirely packed the day before and went to a Halloween party that night. Got home around 12:30 and was up at 5:00 for a 3 hour drive to where I was meeting friends for our flight. Funny thing is - I wasn't a bit tired that day. Interesting what the idea of a cruise can do to the ol' body clock. :D

On our last cruise we sailed out of New Orleans. It was my first time in New Orleans and we arrived the day before our cruise. So we decided to enjoy the nightlife on Bourbon street the night before the cruise. I discovered Hurricanes and had wayy too many.

Boy did I pay the next day. I was so hung over the wait to board the ship was long and not so pleasant. So a word of warning . . . be careful of Bourbon street the night before a cruise! ha ha ha :).

Drove to a hotel so I could be at the airport by 530... Couldn't sleep, had to keep checking my alarmS, I was so afraid I would miss my flight!!!! Next time I am driving and getting there a day early. I hope this is so much easier!!!

Just returned from my first cruise. I went with hubby and 2 kids!! Needless to say, I was packing WEEKS before!! I set up card table in living room and told kids," anything going on cruise goes on this table". Believe it or not there were things to pack days in advance. I had bought lots of "new" stuff (water cameras, new tapes for video, snorkel and fin sets, etc.) and everything had to be opened and packed. Good thing. I couldn't have opened some of those plastic packages on the ship without scissors! Then the night before, I had to pack clothes, toiletries, etc. I was so excited I was afraid I couldn't sleep so I took a sleeping pill. We had a 3.5 hr. drive to New orleans the next morning and I new I needed my rest.

Oooh, I hate that. I do all the preparing & packing, DH does nothing to get ready for our trips, & then the 1st hr we are on the road he starts with "Did you remember my belt, did you remember my camera, etc" & I just want to choke him. If we forgot it, we'll buy it there or do without. :)

Last cruise--I was packing the night before, while saying my prayers, since I'd have to get on one of those Airplanes the next day.

The cruise coming up--I will be in Miami Beach partying, having survived another one of those plane flights already, and already packed!

Todd

I am notorious for having everything done at least two weeks before we travel. I then fullfill the list of all the things that I could not do until 24 hours before. We go to bed at 9pm since we always schedule early flights and then I lay in bed next to my sleeping husband for about 6 hours until the alarm goes off. When we get up, he always asks, "did you sleep?" even though he knows the answer is "no". 82 more days left!

Well, I've only been on one cruise...and the night before that one, I was getting married! :-)

My next cruise will be in March on the Pride, and the night before I'll be hurriedly rushing around to finish packing and help my mother get packed, since I will be working up until that last day!

Archived