Back to Back for Honeymoon?

I was looking into one also. If you choose I would do one that alternates eastern and western carib - or the Adventure of the seas which alternates different southern carib itins. Thats the one I am thinking of adding to my current booking.

Hi Everyone! I am looking into cruising for our honeymoon next summer. Do you think a back to back may be a good way to go? Any ships your recommend doing this on? Thanks for any guidance :)

Would both legs be with the same significant other? :D

I just did my honeymoon cruise last month. If you have the time to do a back-to-back, one other thing to look into is one longe cruise instead. I just did my honeymoon in May (14 night Transtalantic cruise). In my experience on these lengthy cruises the staff seems to be even friendlier than usual and takes the time to build personal realtionships with the passengers. That may be another option for you to look at.

Congratties on your upcoming wedding. :)

......If you have the time to do a back-to-back, one other thing to look into is one long cruise instead. I just did my honeymoon in May (14 night Transtalantic cruise). In my experience on these lengthy cruises the staff seems to be even friendlier than usual and takes the time to build personal realtionships with the passengers. That may be another option for you to look at.

Congratties on your upcoming wedding. :)

I agree with Gonzo. We did a B-2-B last summer, and it was FANTASTIC.

But....

When you do a B-2-B, the second week is a different dining room table, different waiter, etc.

You make friends the first week, then start all over again the second week.

We decided a longer cruise would be better (and sometimes the total price of a 12 or 14-day is less than two 7-day cruises.) You will have the same staff, and same passengers to get to know for the whole cruise.

On the other hand, being on a HONEYMOON, maybe none of that will matter. :p

I think that is a wonderful idea, what better way to start your life together?

I think the eastern and then western caribbean would be a great cruise. My daughter and SIL we recently on the Adventurer and loved it.

Best wishes for a long, happy and healthy life together.

Hi,

My husband Erik and I did a back to back cruise, eastern and western Carribean on the NOS back in 2005. We had a blast! We were so happy the Sat of the first week that we got to stay another week. think we had 4 ports each week which gave us 4 sea days. Being it was our honeymoon, we were happy we had time to kick back and relax and not feel like we needed to do everything the ship had to offer the first week. We were social, but again, since it was our honeymoon we had requested a table for 2 and mostly spent our time together. Go for it.

Back to back doesn't have to be 7 day cruises.

How right you are, BillOh.

On one of our cruises, couple years ago, we met a lady who was doing a B-2-B-2-B-2-B-2-B. :eek:

She was booked to do 7-day Eastern, 7-day Western, then the ship was going 16-day Panama (relocation from Ft. Lauderdale to San Diago), then 14-day Hawaii (San Diago and back to Seatle) then 7-day Alaska.

A total of 51 days on board and the crew were hopping for her. Wouldn't that be great.

I would do a back to back!! For our honeymoon we did a week on the Adventure of the seas and then stayed in Puerto Rico for 5 days. We had a blast, but while in Pr we wished we were on the cruise still. Also the Adventure of the seas have 2 different routes of the southern carribean and on both weeks the islands are different.

Hi Everyone! I am looking into cruising for our honeymoon next summer. Do you think a back to back may be a good way to go? Any ships your recommend doing this on? Thanks for any guidance :)

I have to tell you that I truly believe that a b2b is the way to go for a honeymoon. (We're doing our weddingmoon/honeymoon in November!) We wanted to get on RCI's Liberty because our wedding attendants will be there for cruise 1 (getting married in the ship's chapel) and the Freedom-Class amenities, as well as the itinerary, suits their extremely active lifestyles. We decided not to stay on Liberty for the second lap because it was starting to get outside of our price-range. Also, my fiance is huge Carnival fan and wanted an opportunity to do a W/So. Caribbean tour instead of the E/W routes. I also like the idea that we will debark Liberty, spend one night at a cheap hotel (wash our clothes & UPS some stuff home!) and board Valor the next morning. It just seems like a fresh start to me . . . :D

We looked at longer cruises, but the At Sea days generally outnumbered port days on many of the itineraries. And we love our excursions, so we felt that the more the merrier!

Honestly, it does come down to budget and figuring out what you want to do on your honeymoon. Well . . . :o aside from that . . . :o

How right you are, BillOh.

On one of our cruises, couple years ago, we met a lady who was doing a B-2-B-2-B-2-B-2-B. :eek:

She was booked to do 7-day Eastern, 7-day Western, then the ship was going 16-day Panama (relocation from Ft. Lauderdale to San Diago), then 14-day Hawaii (San Diago and back to Seatle) then 7-day Alaska.

A total of 51 days on board and the crew were hopping for her. Wouldn't that be great.

Now I'm feeling that our 28 days on board (13-day Alaska repo and on to 15-day Hawaii) is going to be too short!!!:D Seriously, this will be our first B2B, and we are totally excited!

Now I'm feeling that our 28 days on board (13-day Alaska repo and on to 15-day Hawaii) is going to be too short!!!:D Seriously, this will be our first B2B, and we are totally excited!

Oh! I am excited for you!! What a FANTASTIC B2B (28 days - whoa!), Congratulations!!! :D

Archived