What beach do you bring young kids to GC?

shellgoodman

I am hoping that GC will be open the first week of Dec.. If so, what beach should I bring my 2 DDs (6 & 4) and my MIL? I was at Grand Cayman years ago (before children) and I vaguely remember 7 Mile Beach but the amenities were not of concern to me back then as they are now. Hopefully 7 Mile was spared by the hurricane but not sure. Are there any other beaches to visit?

Thanks.

We had a great time at Rum Point on the other side of the island. We rented a car and drove (about 40 minutes), with no problems. There was a great beach, some water toys (kayaks, paddle boats, etc) and a nice area for the kids to swim. There was a young family there, with two smaller kids, who were having a great time. It was also not crowded and had a great little beach grill, which was reasonable. Another family from our ship stayed for a while, then went to 7 Mile. We saw them when we returned the car, and they had wished they had stayed at Rum Point.

Have fun!

Grand Cayman was hit very hard by the hurricane. They are currently no accepting tourists at all. However, hopes are high that they will re-open for cruise tourists by the 1st. of November. Watch here to find out. If so, there are two things your family may like. Nativeway offers an island tour $20 pp, that includes the Turtle farm which did not suffer a lot of damage, plus other local sights then they will drop you at the beach; Seven Mile Beach across from the old Holiday Inn which may be a Courtyard hotel now is great for everyone. There are rest rooms, chairs to rent, refreshments and the beautiful water and sand for sun bathing. Red Sail Sports was nearby for water toy rentals like a jet ski or bannana boat ride, etc. If you don't care to do the turtle farm, etc. Just get off the tender, walk to the right and get a Taxi that will bring you to this beach area. Fare was about $6 each, Taxi's lined up in a que to return tourists to town, so there was no problem with transportation. We are scheduled to stop their the 2nd. week of November and will report back if we do.

Bon Voyage

Bon

• 2 weeks later...

Archived