Where to buy suit for teen son?

Nuttycruisegirl

Anyone have any suggestions on where to buy a suit for a teen boy? I don't want to spend $400 on a suit he will likely wear once before growing out of it. I went to Mens Wearhouse here in town and the suits they had for $199 looked like $49 costume suits!:eek: Any suggestions as to where to look or other ideas for what to wear on formal night?

You could roll the dice a bit and try to buy a tux on ebay. You might spend $100-150 with shirt/vest/jewelery but could resell it when he outgrows it and perhaps only be out $25-50.

You can rent the whole deal on the ship for about $100 (get measured and order it in advance). A bit pricey, but much better than $400. :D

Or... just get a nice pair of slacks, shirt and tie. He'd fit in just fine, especially since it's a shorter cruise.

Or... just buy the suit and make him wear it once a week to get your money out of it. ;)

Try JC Penny. I was able to get DS suits there rather reasonable.

Didin't think of Penny's! Good idea. One of my fellow CC members thinks she has a suit that her DS only wore a couple of times that will fit my DS. So she is sending it to me. CC saves the day again! Thanks all!

We got our sons their suits at K&G Mens' Warehouse. I may have the name a bit wrong, but I know it's K&G-something. We got nice suits for LOTS less than what you saw at Mens' Wearhouse. I tried that, too, and wasn't going to spend that much.

Another choice is Target. Yeah, Target. We did not go the whole suit route this time, and I got my son a pair of black pants, black shoes, and a nice shirt for about eighty bucks. Neither of the 18 year olds wore suits - just the slacks & nice shirts. We were on Carnival. They were among the well dressed. No problem!

Hi,

My son is 4 yrs old and my husband found him a brand new tuxedo, with the shirt, tie, vest, button covers and all on Ebay for $29!! We are cruising on August 3 and always take family photos and dress up for formal nights.

My husband found himself 2 tuxedos on Ebay for a very reasonable price.

We are avid Ebay shoppers, even found a Wii on there (brand new), of course. Most items we buy are brand new.

Since my son would outgrow the tux, it did not have to be brand new, but it was.

Good luck to you!

Angela

What size does he wear? Our son outgrew 2 of his. They're just going to get donated. You'd have to sew on new buttons (on the jacket). First thing I do is rip off the store buttons and put nicer ones on, changes the whole look of the suit.~Travelbugs

Archived