Coast Hotel help

afdds

HI! I posted a question on another thread for Curt however I thought it might be better on a new thread.

Old thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=797088

Can anyone tell me if I should give up the free shuttle from the Coast Hotel and take a taxis to the Queen Mary for the early check in? I understand that I will be given a Zone 1 at the QM and still have to stand in line at the dome. However, if you wait until the dome is open can you then proceed to Zone 1 and sit down and wait for boarding?

If there isn't much difference in the Coast Hotel dropping us off and the QM Zone 1 ticket......I'm thinking eat breakfast late and have Coast Hotel drop us off on their last shuttle run. Also if we do the Queen Mary check in....is there a charge to get on the Queen Mary?

Thanks for the help!

HI! I posted a question on another thread for Curt however I thought it might be better on a new thread.

Can anyone tell me if I should give up the free shuttle from the Coast Hotel and take a taxis to the Queen Mary for the early check in? I understand that I will be given a Zone 1 at the QM and still have to stand in line at the dome. However, if you wait until the dome is open can you then proceed to Zone 1 and sit down and wait for boarding?

If there isn't much difference in the Coast Hotel dropping us off and the QM Zone 1 ticket......I'm thinking eat breakfast late and have Coast Hotel drop us off on their last shuttle run. Also if we do the Queen Mary check in....is there a charge to get on the Queen Mary?

Thanks for the help!

I don't know the ins and out of this zone stuff, but I do picture it may be awfully hard to find a taxi willing to take you from the Coast to the Queen Mary...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=6458967790263236960,33.757173,-118.199838,15095439720159213927,33.751988,-118.193559&saddr=700+Queensway+Dr,+Long+Beach,+CA+90802+(Coast+Long+Beach+Hotel)&daddr=1126+Queens+Hwy,+Long+Beach,+CA+90802+(Queen+Mary)&mra=pe&mrcr=0&sll=33.753308,-118.193808&sspn=0.017484,0.027852&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16

It's walking distance...Taxi drivers don't like to waste their time with minimal fares--you'd probably have to offer him a really big tip...

Hee!:D

BruinSteve is correct.

Obviously difficult to tell unless you've been there.

It's really close. It's walking distance if you have NO luggage.

With luggage though, might be rough.

But, because it is really close, the shuttle should be fine.

Just get there between 9:30 AM and 10:30 AM.

Drop the luggage off with the porters at the bottom elevator area of the parking garage (you'll see this when you are there).

Go over to the Queen Mary (50 feet or so), and go the early check in.

Don't have to pay or be a guest to do this.

It' kind of depends on what you are thinking of your time frame on whether it's worth it all or not.

What times were you thinking?:confused:

Uh, no about trouble getting a taxi from the Coast to the pier. We have done it 2 years in a row. The hotel will call a taxi for you and it has always arrived within 10 minutes. It costs like $7 plus tip. It is about a 7 minute ride, or less. Don't fall for a shuttle trip, quick taxi and check in early at the QM. Have done this twice, so I speak from experience.

Thanks for the help!

I guess I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to take the free shuttle to the QM and do the early check in and get in zone 1 line and as soon as the door opens to the dome at 11:00 go thru security and onto the ship early to start your vacation. We've done that twice and plan on doing the same again in September. The Zone 1 line is for the early check in people from the QM only and if you check in early at about 10:00, you're not really waiting in a line, just waiting for them to open the dome doors. Anyone checking in in the dome will be behind the wedding parties, VIPs, handicapped, and zone 1 people. If you're not interested in getting on the ship early and to avoid any lines, you could have the shuttle drop you off about 2:00 or later and then you might be able to avoid lines, but I'm not sure, we've always been on the ship by noon. There isn't much seating inside the dome either and you have to wait through the security line just inside the door to get to the seating anyway.

Thanks everyone,

That really explained things alot better.

If the shuttle is a zoo....we'll take the taxi

Drop luggage off and then go to the Queen Mary for early check in.

I'm so excited....can't wait!

Thanks everyone,

That really explained things alot better.

If the shuttle is a zoo....we'll take the taxi

Drop luggage off and then go to the Queen Mary for early check in.

I'm so excited....can't wait!

We've ridden the Coast Hotel shuttle twice and once we were the only ones on it and the other time there was another couple with a child, it shouldn't be a zoo. And the ride is about 3 minutes long, you can see where you're going from the hotel.

Archived