Rio to Buenos Aires

Fredr

Hello,

My DW and I will be on the Infinity's B2B to South America in March of 2009. We reside in Southern California.

The Infinity sails from Buenos Aires, but we would like to spend at least one day in Rio. However, I noted that the airfares between Rio nad Buenos Aires are very high.

Any suggestions...on local airlines that do not advertise in the USA, car rentals, train. Also, do you know of any airlines that would allow us a stop over in Rio for one day, as part of our flight to Buenos Aires.

Any other information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Fred

Hello,

My DW and I will be on the Infinity's B2B to South America in March of 2009. We reside in Southern California.

The Infinity sails from Buenos Aires, but we would like to spend at least one day in Rio. However, I noted that the airfares between Rio nad Buenos Aires are very high.

Any suggestions...on local airlines that do not advertise in the USA, car rentals, train. Also, do you know of any airlines that would allow us a stop over in Rio for one day, as part of our flight to Buenos Aires.

Any other information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Fred

COPA (part of Continental) flies LAX/Panama City Panama (10 hour layover), then to Rio, spend a day or two and fly to BA. $1094pp for most dates in March.

IF you want to spend a day in Lima (26 hour layover), TACA flies from LAX to San Salvador, El Salvador (1+ hours), then to Lima for an overnight, then to Rio. Little over $1100.

And if you want the quickest and cheapest way to Rio (but with more stops), Lasca flies LAX, SJO (Costa Rica), Lima then on to Rio via BA. $1020.00

If you don't mind the 10 hour daytime layover in Panama City, COPA is your best value.

Post your exact dates for further help. AeroLineas Argentina flies RT BA/Rio/BA for less than $400 pp.

You can also try the Brazilian Airlines- TAM and GOL - for one way travel to Buenos Aires from RIO. This could be coupled with an open jaw ticket from the states.

GOL allows you to purchase tickets on line from the US (TAM I don't think does). They even have on-line agents that will help you change reservations/tickets over the Internet - if need be. This came in handy for me one time when my plans changed.

I have flown GOL on a couple of occassions and found them to provide good service and value. Realize that GOL is like Southwest or Jet Blue in that they have one class service.

If you are lucky, you'll get to fly out of Santos Dumont Airport which is right on the water directly east of downtown - very scenic airport. Even better is landing as you'll typically have an incredible view of Sugarloaf.

Also, remember to get a visa for Brazil. Finally, think about extending your before and/or after cruise time - especially if you don't go down often. Both Rio and Buenos Aires are great cities with lots to see.

• 4 months later...

Archived