Carnival Liberty B2B Eastern then Western Review

PaulMedik

Well, I still have the blues after the cruise. I used to spend so much time on CC. I have only been on 3x's since the cruise. It stinks because I don't have one planned. At least we are going to Hilton Head in almost 2 weeks.

Anyway, it was really nice to meet you and your wife. We had a wonderful time on our cruise. It was my first balcony and now I can't imagine cruising without one. Loved the new menu. Got no static from Porter 150. He didn't say one word about the money my DH put in his hand.

I'm not much of a chocolate person but I LOVED the melting chocolate cake. The boys with us thought the chocolate cake from room service was awesome.

Thanks for your help leading up to the cruise. Maybe, one day we will see you all on a cruise in the future. Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures.

Susan

I just wanted to say thanks for another wonderful review. I remember your review from last year as it was the first I'd seen with the larger pictures posted in it. You've definitely raised the bar for other reviewers. You do a really wonderful job.

Thank you.

Paul,

Did you feel safe walking around San Juan?

Hi Molly,

We were recently in PR and we wondered from fort to fort.

We came across a supermarket and even did some shopping. It was dark and we walked along the water to get back to the ship. At no time did we feel unsafe. I was more concerned about getting bitten by bugs.

Ileen

Hey Paul, thanks for the great pictures, I am using the picture of the Liberty at anchor at HMC as my computer wallpaper at home & the shot of the ship at the pier in SJU for my computer wallpaper at work. Everyone that see's them raves about them. Keep them coming.

Paul,

You really know how to write a cruise review - it was outstanding!!! The photos were unbelievable. It looks as though you guys really made the most of everyday and everyone appeared to stay happy - that's a hard thing to do in a big family. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your family's adventure.:)

Hi Molly,

We were recently in PR and we wondered from fort to fort.

We came across a supermarket and even did some shopping. It was dark and we walked along the water to get back to the ship. At no time did we feel unsafe. I was more concerned about getting bitten by bugs.

Ileen

Thanks for the reply, we just want to explore the city.

There's another forum that will help you. On the main C.C. page, scroll down to "North American Homeports", then go to "East Coast Departures", then up at the top here's a "Florida Departures" to click on.

I've included a link to get you there faster:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Once you're there, there is quite a bit of information about Fort Lauderdale (FLL) hotels and transportation in those threads. :)

Hi Paul,

Thanks so much for bringing us along on your cruise! Well, at least it feels like we were there with you anyway. Sorry if it's been asked before, but what kind of camera are you using? Your pics are amazing! I need to get a new camera before our Liberty cruise...

Thanks, and I am really looking forward to hearing about Grand Turk!:)

This is such a great review ~ I can't wait . . .only 15 more days!

Our family of almost 20 is right there with you!

Paul, can you offer more info on the Sheraton Clipper? Is it a place you would stay again?

Our Cabana was an excellent investment for us and made a great port day all the better. If we'd just had beach chairs I'm sure we'd have had a great time, but I don't know that we'd have been able to spend the entire day there. The Cabana was nice in that it was cool, had snacks and cold drinks, and we could spray off the sand and relax in the cool mist. We did have at least fifteen people stop by and either want to rent something or want to use our Cabana. At first I wasn't sure what the confusion was, but later I noticed the rental building down the beach from us was also blue so that explained some of the visits. Some folks were upset with us that we wouldn't allow them to remove our snorkel gear, floats and chairs, or come in and use our table and chairs. One lady got real upset that I wouldn't allow her to use our shower on the deck when our beach bags were all laying in the corner under the shower. I gently explained that I wasn't going to move everything so she could shower when there was a shower she could use just up on the path.

We were well aware that we'd have visitors at our Cabana because we were near the majority of the people, but I'd choose the same Cabana again in a hearbeat. Our cabana was near where the boys spent most of their time and was near all the places we planned to go. From reading on CC, I also knew that we'd be getting visitors from time to time who didn't know the cabana wasn't there's to use.

Because we were among the last to leave, we also got to see several of the cabanas taken over by other groups to clean themselves up and spend the last hour basking in the sun.

Our Cabana at the end of the day;

2668176280065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

The view back down the beach toward our Cabana as we were leaving;

2495451860065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

After most people had left, our boys turned the slides into rocket slides by using the floats;

2839967990065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

As we got back to the tender area, the Half Moon Cay Clipper was loaded with crew and equipment returning to the ship;

2610987290065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

Can you tell they had a busy day?;

2666137430065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

I had a very relaxing day. I also wore my new Father's Day shirt the boys gave me that morning. They also gave me a model Carnival Liberty ship;

2878036160065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

I am so loving your review!!! You have a beautiful family and the photos are great!!

I have a couple questions when you have time... We are going on the Miracle (again) next May.. I want to rent the Cabana.. Are they limited? Is this something that sells out quickly? Is there a bathroom in the cabana?

Anything you think i need to know, please tell me

Thank you!!!!!!

PS> VISITORS>>?? Strangers just show up wanting to use your cabana??

Did they not see the sign that read Private ? LOL

Hi Paul,

We're going to the Western Caribbean on Liberty in Jan 09. Our sons are Spencer :) (12) and Simon (9). Your formal pictures are great and I'm wondering whether you brought the boys' tuxedos with you or if you were able to rent them on the ship. I'm trying to avoid too much packing. Love the review.

Lynele

Seeing those pictures of Half Moon Cay helped me make a crucial decision -- that I REALLY love the Caribbean!

So I changed my plans (note revised countdown clock...) and will do the HAL Noordam 10 day Southern Caribbean in November (going back to Half Moon Cay, as well as 4 other "new to me" islands and St. Maarten) and put off the 8 day trip I'd planned on the Spirit to the Mexican Riviera (Acapulco, Zihua, Manzanillo).

Once again, your picture reviews have helped another C.C.er! Thanks buddy. :D

:) Paul,

Like so many other's have said "Your review is so well written".

I am enjoying your pictures and you can easily see what a close family you are. Looks like you all enjoyed your cruise & each other very much on this vacation. I can't wait to get to HMC in February. I was wondering if anybody has ever heard how much it costs to rent the "private oasis" at HMC?

Archived