Discover Atlantis Tour (Dig)- What do you think?

Has anyone ever done the Discover Atlantis Tour? It is supposed to be aquarmiums and a mock up of a dig of the ancient city of Atlantis (I know its a fake). We will have kids ages 7-15 with us and didn't know if the younger kids would like it. The site says it is about $35/adult and $25/kids. Anyone try this? Is it any good?

There will be 7 of us and we don't want to pay almost $1000 for 7 day passes to access the beaches, etc. Thanks for your help!

Yes I have stayed at Atlantis and on a cruise oncedone the tour, it was ok. Now the site is interesting but I'm sure you can find something else the kids would like. If you can get a day pass that would be better you would see the dig and use the pools , slides and tube ride , but I have no idea how much time you have nor what the cost is.

Atlantis is an amazing place but the tour was just ok.

try to book the cheapest room you can find at atlantis--check for discounts. this includes the comfort suites next door to atlantis. It is a great resort even for the day if you can get a good price.

The Digs is interesting - but we were staying at the resort and of course we saw it for free.

What do I think? I think your kids will be drooling when the see the slides, pools and tube rides. So either get a day pass - if you can or don't go to the resort just to look around.

The Digs is interesting - but we were staying at the resort and of course we saw it for free.

What do I think? I think your kids will be drooling when the see the slides, pools and tube rides. So either get a day pass - if you can or don't go to the resort just to look around.

We looked at the day pass, but for the seven of us, the cost is almost $1000. They would love the pools, etc., but it is just too expensive. I like the room idea, but I would hate to get two rooms. Can I get a room for say four and still get seven people into the pool areas?

WHere can I find out about their day pass? I have searched their site (maybe not hard enough :confused:) and haven't been able to find anything about a day pass. Can someone point me in the right direction?

TIA!

We couldn't find it on the Atlantis site, but it is listed as an excursion on the RCI site. Seem to recall is was something like $179/pp. Ouch!

Ah, ok! Yes, that is reeeeeeeeally spendy! Hmm...

Sounds like a lot of money. I agree.

Don't take the kids to the digs then...they will want to go into the pools and you'll all feel bad.

Is there an excursion to blue lagoon island? That's fun. Swimming, boating, stingrays....

I would hate for you to spend the money to look at the fish in Atlantis and then not be able to use the facilities. That would make my crazy.

Good Luck.

Agree with the above posters - don't spend the $$ just for the dig tour. You'll really want to swim and enjoy the rest of the grounds if you go over there.

Haven't done it myself, but I understand if you get rooms at the Comfort Inn next door, you can get up to 4 wristbands per room that get you access to all of Atlantis. From everything I've seen this is the most economical way to see Atlantis. You'd have to get two rooms though for the 7 of you.

We did the Dolphin swim at Atlantis in May while on the Sovereign. Was amazing...price was $179/pp which included a day pass arm band...compared to the dolphin encounter in Hawaii at the Hilton($200 each...about 2 hours)....a great bargain...

We went to the dig, had access to every thing except the new water park oon site. The pools, water slides etc were included.

The dig is fabulous...a hugh aquarium with so many fish is crazy...pictures are in my signature below

loved Atlantis...so much we are returning in August for a 4 day weekend.

We booked our room at the Comfort Suites next door. This will get you in to the dig and to enjoy your day at the Atlantis. Much cheaper than booking a room at the Atlantis! It's been a few yrs, but I think we booked it for about 150.00 for our family of four. Will depend on what time of the yr, as far as prices for the room. You can also go back and clean up at your hotel as well since you paid for it.

My dh and ds spent more of the day enjoying the slides. One you go down and you go through a plastic like tube and the sharks swim above you. You can see from underneath since you're in this enclosed "tube".

It's a huge place to see in one day. But was well worth it the price.

A suggestion...the food is expensive there. We took snacks and drinks. Maybe you can get some sandwiches from the ship made and take lunch with you. This is what we did.

Have a great time!!

Archived