Seven Mile Beach?

Hogladyrider

We are only in port from 7-2 so we are planning to chill at the beach.

What is the best spot on Seven Mile Beach to chil?

Is it worth the $ to try and purchase a day pass at one of the hotels?

What is the best mode of transportation to get from port to the beach?

We sail August 30th.

Thanks.

Susan

We had a fun day at Royal Palms Beach...It is one of the first beaches one comes to when approaching 7 mile beach from the cruise tender docks.

Our cab fare was $4 pp each way. Lounge chairs rent for $5 and there is a nice outdoor restaurant with a great grouper sandwich and local beers. (FYI: Prices on the menu are in Cayman dollars...They accept US dollars but just be aware that when the prices are converted to US dollars, it will be a little more in US $ than in Cayman $ because of the conversion rate.)

They also had snorkel equipment for rent...we had our own...but the snokeling was not worth the trouble of putting on mask & flippers. If you want to snorkel, walk up to Eden Rock from the cruise ship terminal. But if you just want a nice day at the beach I think you'll like Royal Palms.

Also...a few years ago we went to Sea Grape -- it's a little further away, but very nice too.

It has been years (late 90's) since I was last in Grand Cayman and I did snorkel at Eden right up from the dock and the snorkeling was awesome.

I did this after I did a two tank dive and I just wanted more of the water.

This time though I am not bringing my snorkel gear with me, it is just a R&R 5-day cruise with a girlfriend.

A day at the beach in Grand Cayman is all I'm looking for. I know that the shopping is outrageously priced as are the drinks in Grand Cayman. That's why its the island with the most banks!

The grouper sandwich sounds yummy, I love fresh fish.

Thanks for the beach suggestion will check it out.

Susan

dzneydawn, If you can wait a couple of weeks I will be able to send you all kinds of photos of Royal Palms because my daughter is getting married there next Friday. I can't wait!! I have been keeping their webcam up in the background so I can check it out all day. www.reefgrill.com

I hope this helps!

Awesome! Please do share pictures!!!! :D

dzneydawn, If you can wait a couple of weeks I will be able to send you all kinds of photos of Royal Palms because my daughter is getting married there next Friday. I can't wait!! I have been keeping their webcam up in the background so I can check it out all day. www.reefgrill.com

I hope this helps!

O my goodness, a wedding at Royal Palms. That sounds incredible!!!!! I can't wait to see the pictures. Please post them on this thread so I don't miss them.

:)

• 3 weeks later...

riugirl & snc421,

I don't have any really good wedding and reception pictures at the Reef Grill yet - waiting for the ones from the professional photographer but if you want to see some amature ones you can go to http://community.webshots.com/user/jean_lynd and click on the albums marked Amanda and Mike Wedding. I'm afraid that the wedding pictures are mixed in with everything that we did all week but you can find them on pages 3-7 of Amanda & Mike Wedding, pages 1-7 of Amanda & Mike Wedding 1 and pages 7-10 of Amanda & Mike Wedding 3. In a couple of weeks I should have the rest of the pictures posted at this same site.

It was an absolutely amazing week!

Enjoy!

hogladyrider - We were not on a cruise - we spent the week on the island. We had a private charter with Captain Marvin's for stingray city on Saturday. There was only one other small boat there because there were no ships in port. The cost was $30/person.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

Archived