NEWBIE to RSS/ VOYAGER ...

cac&mjn

A very warm hello to everyone.......it is so good to be here! We are from Chicago, I am Cynthia and my husband is Matt. We are new to cruising, we took our first cruise to the Caribbean last November on a MM line. It was nice but we feel like perhaps RSS is more suited to our lifestyle and personalities. We are seriously considering trying to get on the Dec 01.08 Western Caribbean 7 night cruise. We will both be 37 at that time. Anyone else signed up for this cruise?

Welcome to CC! I'm not on that cruise, but am sure you will have a great time! Have done a couple of Regent cruises in that area, many to other places. The shorter the cruise, the younger the demographics. If you "felt" Regent would be better for you, you are probably correct! Enjoy your cruise!

Hi Cynthia and Matt,

We too will be on this cruise. This is not only my first Regent experience but my first cruise experience. We thought it would be a great first cruise. Enough lazy days mixed in with a few days at very interesting ports. I've been told that we will be spoiled by a Regent cruise and probably never be able to do a MM ship afterwards. The appeal of this cruise for us was the nice accomadations, highly rated dining venues, small number of passengers (key for hubby) and the 7 day length. We are still working slobs (hubby self employed and I am a fashion exec) and it is still hard for us to get away for more than 8-9 days max. Hope to see you on board.

Susan & David

My wife & I will be on this cruise as well. Its our first time with RSSC, and we're "working slobs" as well..... Got a while till we can retire & take a 21 day cruise !.. Looking forward to it for the same reasons you guys were.

wow, i wonder if there are going to be a lot of first timers on this cruise? anyone else??? i wonder if this cruise is too short for a roll call or if there is one? YAY CRUISE ON RSSC VOYAGER!!! :)

We also love RSSC. The only concern about the Dec 1 cruise is when she returns on Dec 8 she will be going to the Bahamas for 10 day Dry Dock.

Not sure what kind of pre work they will be doing while you are on board.

We were booked on the Dec 8th sailing and were booted off.

This will be our third time RSSC canceled our trip. 2 where charters and 1 dry dock.

We were lucky and booked the QM2 Grill Suite for about the same money.

We are going to book the Navigator next Nov / Dec

We are booked on the Voyager in October (prior to dry dock) and the Navigator in February. We are not concerned about the condition of either ship as they were refurbished in the fairly recent past. Those of us who find minor faults with Regent are generally those who have multiple cruises and are a bit picky. Compared to most cruise lines, Regent is the tops.

For those who cruise Silversea or Seabourn. . . this is a different, more formal and smaller product. IMO, Regent passengers are less formal and a bit more fun-loving. Cruising is a choice-- we chose Regent for many reasons.

P.S. I do not include PG in terms of Regent's luxury products. This ship is leased -- goes to an incredible location, but, is not comparable to Regent's Voyager, Navigator or Mariner.

Archived