Explain Carnival Upgrades

I having been reading through and I'm still totally baffled about how upgrades work. We have an Lido deck inside cabin booked on the October 5th sailing of the Valor. We are traveling with a group booked through a TA. As time has passed I have talked with people and the more I read though this message board I am concerned I need to get a balcony room. Final payment is due in a few days. Carnival is known for sailing full. Help, what do I do?

Ahoy!

Unfortunately, the price probably has gone up, I would stick with what you now have if the price has gone up a lot. Because you would have to pay the difference between your original booking price and the price of a balcony.

You are on Lido deck you say, thats an awesome deck to be on. You are a hop skip and a jump to the pool area, just walk down the hall and thru a closed door to keep the a/c in.

I had a cabin on the Lido deck, granted it was OV, but I loved the location. Keep it and save up for next time. A balcony isnt for everyone. If you are a couple and need alone romance time they are great, but me I love getting up early in the morning and going out by the pool area and having that first cup of coffee with the other early risers.

We sailed Valor 10-02-06 and originaly booked an inside guarantee. We were upgraded to an OV. I called our Carnival agent about a month before sail date and told them I saw a drop in the price online - she told me I qualify for an upgrade to the OV.

We didn't know our "real" cabin # until we arrived (the original cabin # was on our documents) but we got to our OV just fine and had no problems with our luggage either.

We knew we were getting an upgrade so we didn't fill out our luggage tags until we got our new cabin #. We were in cabin 2404 and loved it. Very quiet room. Beautiful ship with great food and service.

My biggest regret was NOT buying the Cashew Wine in Belize. You can't find that ANYWHERE!!!

Archived