Aft cabin for Panama Canal???

Help me decide: I am thinking of booking an aft cabin for an upcoming Panama Canal cruise, it would be on a Radiance Class ship, category D1. I have never had an aft cabin before, and am familiar with the pros and cons in general, but would like some feedback if any of you had ever traveled through the Canal with an aft cabin.

Probably looking to book soon, so please help!

Thanks so much!

GRAB IT!!!!!!!!! They are the perfect rooms for the Panama

100_2072.jpg

View from our room 9260 with the lock doors closing.

IMG_1628.jpg

Keep in mind for the actual transit you should NOT stay on your balcony but rather go all the way up to the helipad in front while entering the canal and then work your way back. We ended up in our cabin for our room service breakfast and watching the lock doors close. Amazing. For more pictures click on the link in my signature for the Brilliance.

We were in an aft suite on the NCL Jade through the canal in February. It was the perfect location. Follow Sue L's advise, head up to the bow going in and then back to the cabin to enjoy the view!

Have a great cruise, it is an awesome trip!

Help me decide: I am thinking of booking an aft cabin for an upcoming Panama Canal cruise, it would be on a Radiance Class ship, category D1. I have never had an aft cabin before, and am familiar with the pros and cons in general, but would like some feedback if any of you had ever traveled through the Canal with an aft cabin.

Probably looking to book soon, so please help!

Thanks so much!

we had the JS corner aft..friends had the d1 next to us...don't hesitate, aft is the best for canal..and anywhere else.

We had 8168 in January (08) on our Panama Canal cruise. It was absolutely wonderful.... (corner aft)

I've booked us for April 2010 in 9256 (one deck up corner aft) for the Panama Canal cruise again.

If you want an aft cabin for the Panama Canal you will need to book early. (I actually booked 9256 the day the bookings opened)

Althought haven't done Panama yet, We have sailed only afts on our other cruises. On Serenade this past January we had D1 cabin 1104 and totally loved it. The only drawback to the aft cabins on deck 10 is that you are right under the open air seating for Windjammer so there is extra noise. This would probably be somewhat less on deck 9. Definitely do an Aft :)

Warren and Yvonne

Just booked into 1102, deck ten, aft in the middle, on the Serenade's transit through the canal in April of next year!! Really looking forward to this, will be the longest cruise I've gone on so far. It was between this or a back-to-back in the Caribbean somewhere. The fact that the cruise ends in San Francisco really sealed the deal for me and DH. One of our favorite cities to visit. YAY!! Thanks for the pictures also, made convincing the DH very easy! ;)

Now, how do I pack for a 14 day cruise???:rolleyes:

Just booked into 1102, deck ten, aft in the middle, on the Serenade's transit through the canal in April of next year!! Really looking forward to this, will be the longest cruise I've gone on so far. It was between this or a back-to-back in the Caribbean somewhere. The fact that the cruise ends in San Francisco really sealed the deal for me and DH. One of our favorite cities to visit. YAY!! Thanks for the pictures also, made convincing the DH very easy! ;)

Now, how do I pack for a 14 day cruise???:rolleyes:

Think mix and match and plan on wearing pants/skirts several times with different tops. And as hard as it is, TRY to limit shoes, they are killers for the luggage weight limits.

Although it was on Celebrity, we had an aft cabin for a Panama Canal cruise we took and it is a wonderful location. But don't stay on your balcony the whole time. Get up and look from other vantage points.

Another good location where you can get an "up-close view" of the workings of the locks is on Deck 5 (?) (where the lifeboats are located). Go back to the picture that was posted to see how close Deck 5 is to the track and other ships that you will pass by.

Although it was on Celebrity, we had an aft cabin for a Panama Canal cruise we took and it is a wonderful location. But don't stay on your balcony the whole time. Get up and look from other vantage points.

Another good location where you can get an "up-close view" of the workings of the locks is on Deck 5 (?) (where the lifeboats are located). Go back to the picture that was posted to see how close Deck 5 is to the track and other ships that you will pass by.

This is how close, 17 inches on a side, my husband shook hands with the mule driver.

IMG_1579.jpg

Archived