Just Returned From Alaska/Rhapsody

crazy 4 - thanks for that input- we're balcony snobs too- but, we've had to be a little more realistic for that $2000 saving for 11 days- however, I wouldn't consider an inside for any amount of saving.

My son had an inside on the Sun Princess over christmas, and he said he never knew if it was day or night, and it was a very odd feeling- he didn't like it at all and he's young and generally easy to please.

So glad you enjoyed it. We are looking forward to our cruise 9/11/09 on the same ship and area. Hope we have the same crew. We are in a JS Aft corner. First time we have been in that area. We have always been on the sides but never the end. We too are doing the day before but we are also doing the day after in Vancouver, BC. Tell me about the Fjords Cruising. Obviously by the name you just sit and float, but how did they look.

[quote name='raringtogo']crazy 4 - thanks for that input- we're balcony snobs too- but, we've had to be a little more realistic for that $2000 saving for 11 days- however, [COLOR=red]I wouldn't consider an inside for any amount of saving. [/COLOR]

My son had an inside on the Sun Princess over christmas, and he said he never knew if it was day or night, and it was a very odd feeling- he didn't like it at all and he's young and generally easy to please.[/quote]

I don't think I would ever consider an inside agian either. BUT I have learned to never say NEVER

[quote name='ScottC4746']So glad you enjoyed it. We are looking forward to our cruise 9/11/09 on the same ship and area. Hope we have the same crew. We are in a JS Aft corner. First time we have been in that area. We have always been on the sides but never the end. We too are doing the day before but we are also doing the day after in Vancouver, BC. Tell me about the Fjords Cruising. Obviously by the name you just sit and float, but how did they look.[/quote]

uhoh--the coveted corner aft on a Vision class--WOW, I am jealous. We have never had a corner AFT, but always TRY to get at least AFT. We booked our Alaska cruise on 8/22 too late to get AFT, but I look everyday to see--you never know. enjoy it

[quote name='crazy 4 cruising']I don't think I would ever consider an inside agian either. BUT I have learned to never say NEVER

uhoh--the coveted corner aft on a Vision class--WOW, I am jealous. We have never had a corner AFT, but always TRY to get at least AFT. We booked our Alaska cruise on 8/22 too late to get AFT, but I look everyday to see--you never know. enjoy it[/QUOTE]
The rep at RCCL when I rang in to book the cruise introduced me to it. From what people are telling me, I may want a corner aft every cruise now.

Does anyone know what time the Diamond priorities can disembark?

Self-assist went off first about 5 minutes after the ship was cleared. Then Plat/D/D+ priority (red tag) was called off at 8 am. We were at Sea-Tac by 8:20 am.

Here's a question for you recent cruisers. Did you have any special toiletries in your cabins? I was in an E1 on my Liberty cruise and we had a cute little tray in the bathroom that had shampoo, conditioner and other items on it. In short, we didn't just have that container of whatever in the shower. It sounded like Wrona had the same things in her suite for her May Rhapsody sailing. What about you non-suite folks? Did you have anything like this? Non-suite me and my other non-suite CC friends on our 9/5 sailing want to know!

Yes, I need to know the answer to that question too since it has been a couple of years that I have sailed on RCI. Do they have body wash, shampoo, and condtioner? Not that combined 2 in 1 shampoo/condtioner. I hate that stuff! :eek:

I need to know what to pack and not pack! :p

Yes, I need to know the answer to that question too since it has been a couple of years that I have sailed on RCI. Do they have body wash, shampoo, and condtioner? Not that combined 2 in 1 shampoo/condtioner. I hate that stuff! :eek:

I need to know what to pack and not pack! :p

Karen, in general all RCCL provides in regular staterooms is shampoo (terrible) and a bar of soap. In the suites they provide nicer toiletries.

The one question is if Platinum/Diamond C&A members get the nicer toiletries like they did in the past. That I don't have the answer for, although I don't believe that my best friend had the nicer toiletries and she is platinum.

Karen, in general all RCCL provides in regular staterooms is shampoo (terrible) and a bar of soap. In the suites they provide nicer toiletries.

The one question is if Platinum/Diamond C&A members get the nicer toiletries like they did in the past. That I don't have the answer for, although I don't believe that my best friend had the nicer toiletries and she is platinum.

Thanks! You just told me what all I have to pack...everything!! :p

So glad you enjoyed it. We are looking forward to our cruise 9/11/09 on the same ship and area. Hope we have the same crew. We are in a JS Aft corner. First time we have been in that area. We have always been on the sides but never the end. We too are doing the day before but we are also doing the day after in Vancouver, BC. Tell me about the Fjords Cruising. Obviously by the name you just sit and float, but how did they look.

Take a look at the pictures. The link takes you to the slide show and the pictures have captions so you will know which ones are of Endicott Arm Fjord and Dawes Glacier.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Tamisarr...ey=h1CzVDX8Ffs

I had to switch my Alaska cruise to a different week and we ended up changing ships. We are now sailing on Serenade of the Seas out of Vancouver. The cruise itself cost less but the airfare is more, so overall it is an even trade. We did lose our HUGE aft balcony in the switch, so I booked us in a hump cabin instead, which I had always wanted to try just to see how it compares. I've read that for Alaska, a hump balcony is a great way to go! :D Anyway, I have totally enjoyed following this Rhapsody thread and appreciate how excited it has made me to go to Alaska! I think I am even MORE excited to sail on Serenade though. I was just on her over Easter, but we were soooooo busy on that Southern Caribbean itinerary that we never got to explore and enjoy the ship. I suspect the same may hold true with the Alaska itinerary, but at least on the cruising days, I can find some time to finish checking out Serenade! ;)

I just got my aft/corner balcony back again! :D The deck 9 aft/corner cabin opened up on my Serenade cruise! So, Alaska, here I come...on my big a$$ed aft balcony! Yee haa!

Glad you got your aft back. (That sounds like it should be a movie title - Bonnie Gets Her Aft Back! Who needs groove if you've got aft?) Everyone says that 9256 is a wonderful cabin.

Thanks Vicki! I am quite pleased! :D and, may I quote you? That is just too funny..."Bonnie Gets Her Aft Back! Who needs groove if you've got aft?"

Here's a question for you recent cruisers. Did you have any special toiletries in your cabins? I was in an E1 on my Liberty cruise and we had a cute little tray in the bathroom that had shampoo, conditioner and other items on it. In short, we didn't just have that container of whatever in the shower. It sounded like Wrona had the same things in her suite for her May Rhapsody sailing. What about you non-suite folks? Did you have anything like this? Non-suite me and my other non-suite CC friends on our 9/5 sailing want to know!

We were in an E2 Balcony cabin on Radiance of the Sea to Alaska in May. We are Platinum and did NOT get any nice toiletries in our stateroom. We brought our own soap, shampoo, conditioner, and hand cream.

I just got my aft/corner balcony back again! :D The deck 9 aft/corner cabin opened up on my Serenade cruise! So, Alaska, here I come...on my big a$$ed aft balcony! Yee haa!

The world can rest better now.;) ;) No, I am happy at that outcome. Great cabin! Big ole balcony for great pictures.

:D You'll have a better cruise back in your natural habitat too. And the rest of the ship may be safer! I just wished you would've consulted me about any of this. :) Bonnie Voyager, happily ever AFT-er!

The world can rest better now.;) ;) I just wished you would've consulted me about any of this. :)

:p That's a big raspberry coming your way!

Oh, allright, I'll give credit where credit is due...

...I'd like to thank all those people who made this important decision possible! ;)

:p That's a big raspberry coming your way!

Oh, allright, I'll give credit where credit is due...

...I'd like to thank all those people who made this important decision possible! ;)

Oh, no. I am but your humble servant. Let the others take the credit. I am only here to make your life easier.:cool: And, to make it a little goofier. Well, okay, that and to see that you don't go unchallenged...

Oh, no. I am but your humble servant. Let the others take the credit. I am only here to make your life easier.:cool: And, to make it a little goofier. Well, okay, that and to see that you don't go unchallenged...

tn_mooning2.jpg

Just kidding CLQ! You know I'm too nice to mean that!

...And now back to the regularly scheduled thread!

(sorry for the diversion folks, but I couldn't resist, I'm done interrupting your thread now :o )

• 2 weeks later...

My Parents, Sister, husband and myself are also leaving from North Carolina and going on the same cruise. This will be the 1st cruise for parents and sister, and second for myself and husband. We did NCL for first one and it was terrible. We are hoping this will be much better

Archived