Horseback riding on Grand Turk

Kathy130

I saw some beautiful pictures of horseback riding on the beach in Grand Turk. Is this done near/at Margaritaville? Through Priness/privately? How much? How long? Some members of my party will stay at Margaritaville, while others might do this. Any help would be appreciated.

I was just going to ask the same thing, but we will be on CCL Miracle. I know the ship has an excursion. Just wondered if it might be cheaper doing a private thing. My DS and his DW would like to do this, but also spend some "quality time" at Margaritaville ;) so wanted to know how much time/how far away this would be. Anyone have any information for us?? :confused:

Here's the thread I posted in...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=651132

The excursion through the ship is run by Chukka Caribbean Adventures.

http://www.chukkacaribbean.com/TurksandCaicos/horseback.php

This cannot be booked independently. I believe there is private horseback riding available. There's a phone number listed on the Turks & Caicos website...

http://www.tcimall.tc/recreation/index.htm

Nothing listed on ShoreTrips dot com.

This excursion is at the far end of the island. Depending on the driver, you get a pretty good island tour included. They'll tell you something of the history, talk about the salt rakers and about how the yachts come there to shelter from hurricanes. You'll see the wild horses and donkeys wandering along the streets.

Thank you for that great info. Exactly what I was lookiing for! We will be in GT from 1pm-7pm. Do you think this excursion would take the "whole time" or would DS have a chance to take a swim at Margaritaville? I KNOW he is going to want to book this excursion, but I also know his DW is going to want to relax and have a few 'ritas too ;) I wonder if we should bid him happy trails and drag her with us to the beach and bar! :rolleyes: :cool:

We did this tour as an excursion through Princess and we had about 1 1/2 hours on the beach after the tour before our ship departed at 1pm. It's a relatively quick tour, but was my favorite! BTW...the cost of the tour for us was $99 per person, which seemed like a great deal, especially when I found out that my sister and her husband & son spent $92 on LUNCH in margaritaville! Enjoy, the beach, it's beautiful, but be careful because the bottom is rocky - not sandy under the water!

Archived