New Tickets!!??? HELP

donnar

:confused: I just got my documents!! YEAH but I had a concern because I am used to the cruise ticket being in a book and when you get to the pier they rip it out. Today my ticket is a sheet of paper that came with a bunch of other papers. I was assured by 2 travel agents that this is how the tickets come. Does anyone else have these tickets?? I don't want to get to the pier and they tell me i don't have a ticket!! I trust my agent but I am paranoid!!!

When I went to Alaska two summers ago, I had packed my tickets in the outside pocket of my luggage so that I had easy access...but forgot about them when the porter came to take my luggage while I was waitiing in line! Although I was mildly chastised...they had my name on a list they have at security and I got through no problem.. While I wouldn't recommend this...I think the last poster is correct..online tickets are common for everything now..from airlines to concert and movie tickets.

Oh I'm feeling much better. I am the type of person that checks the tickets and passports a 1000 times before we get to the pier. This is putting my mind at ease. THANKS for your fast replies!!:D

Don't worry that is how they come. In fact we also print ours off on the computer. Two cruises ago we didn't realize this, went to the pier without. We had to join a second line to recieve the tickets, but the process takes only a few minutes as you are already in the system having made payment and completed other registration forms.

We actually showed up for a cruise with ZERO papers. ZERO luggage tags. No problem.

Bottom line is you need to be in their computer. THAT is what matters. You of course need the proper ID though.

By the way, the airlines have been doing ticketless travel for many many years, and they require far less upfront information than the cruiselines in the first place. There really is no need to the cruiselines to continue sending out anything, but they do.

Actually dont try to go with no papers on purpose <g> In Miami a few months ago on the Sun... my sister in law forgot her tickets AND forgot to print the confirmation when you put your details in online... she showed up ONLY with picture ID and birth cert... they would NOT NOT NOT let her into the port building... security was checking the tickets at the door before you could get into the check in or anything... she had to take her bags back to her car, load her 4 kids back up, drive half an hour back home to get the printed out tickets and come back...

In the past you could still go to the desk inside the checkin area (before you go through the xray but inside the door) to pick up your tickets if you had "will call" or whatever they are called.. like if you bvooked last minute.. I dont know if they even still do that since they can email you the tickets now... but you know what Im talking about... anyway. she couldnt set one foot inside the door...

Now... maye if she was from out of town and couldnt just drive home and get them and basically stood there until a supervisor came or something... but she ended up having to drive home and come back and re-park and everything... she was in such a nasty mood by the time she got on the ship...

Now we didnt bring our tickets we just brought the confirmation page you can print to show you entered your details on the website... and that was enough...

i think it depends on security at the ports...

we had a very strict security guard, in new orleans, last dec. he would NOT let anyone through without their tickets. i am sure if there was a realy problem a NCL official could have been called. he had people searching their handbags, on their knees going through the carry-on luggage. we had problem in seattle, the year before, after that i have my ticket in my hands.

it's not NCL, it's local security.

but, yes, the printed page from your edocs is what you need. you may get a "welcome aboard" packet...luggage tags are in that. not everyone gets it, so don't get upset if you don't. the luggage tags from the edocs or from the porters (at the docks) work just as well.

Yes, I have seen the security guards do their thing making sure you had tickets, or should I say a piece of paper with words on it.

But to be honest, I think you could show them a copy of last months phone bill. Okay, just kidding. I have seen people with all different kinds of "paperwork" being handed to the rent a cop at the door. They are just doing their thing. Again, silly security. Any idiot could print up their own tickets to get in the door.

I think the real (or only valid) reason is to thin down the extra people. You know those families that want to bring all 48 cousins to see you off?

You need to print out the page that says "cruise ticket". But if you forget to bring it, NCL can print you a new one, so do not fear. Getting past the security guard in New Orleans could be a challenge, but at most ports no one asks for your ticket until you get to the check-in desk.

Archived