Sydney Airport Link with the Travelpass

Quite some time I started a thread about the Sydney Pass and got a lot of useful information. I had decided to go with the cheaper option of the green travelpass, but for a couple of reasons I am reconsidering the Sydney Pass, at least for the pre-cruise part of our trip. My question now is about the Airportlink. Has anyone had any experience with it and would they recommend it? It's included with the Sydney Pass so I thought if it wasn't raining, it might be worth trying. We can get right to Town Hall and our hotel is quite close (0.4km). Our luggage should be manageable, 2 big bags and 2 carry ons (all on wheels provided they survive the flight), but will we feel like idiots carrying luggage up the street? I'm assuming it must be a common sight with the airportlink. As always, any input is appreciated. I am really starting to get excited now even though we still have over 3 months to wait.

Brenda

My daughter always uses the AirportLink, as she only travels with hand luggage.

However, as Town Hall is a busy part of the city, with luggage, I would prefer to use a shuttle bus direct to your hotel door.

This is the company, which I use -

http://www.kst.com.au/airport.php

Still, if the AirportLink trip was included in the cost of my Sydney Pass, I would use the AirportLink and think of the money I was saving, as I carted my luggage to my hotel!

Thanks, KST is exactly the company I had planned to use. I kind of like the idea of being dropped off at the door, and since it will be early, we are in no real rush to get to the hotel. I'm investigating but still having a hard time figuring out exactly what is included in the Sydney Pass. I think it's only one trip back to the airport, and yet in one section it says there is a bonus ticket if you get it at the airport that will give you transportation both ways. I guess given a choice of the two, I'd prefer to take the link back to the airport. I was planning on KST for that as well, but then I have to allow extra time and have the worry about when they'll show up. As you say, if we do go with the Sydney Pass and it's included, it will be hard to pass up. On the other hand, if Town Hall is a busy area, getting dropped off and picked up at the hotel door is probably well worth the extra money.

A return ticket is cheaper than 2 single tickets. Quote rate off the internet.

You have to phone the company 24 hours before you wish to be picked up for the return journey.

I've never had trouble with the shuttle not turning up. A little late yes, but still in plenty of time to get me to the airport for my scheduled boarding time.

AirportLink has the advantage that you don't have to add extra time to allow for traffic delays.

I would take into account what time of the day you will be travelling, as I travel in off peak times, which is not always an option when taking international flights.

I did see where the return trip was cheaper, but it's not by a lot so if I decide to consider alternate transportation I won't lose out too much if I end up going with them anyway. Our flight leaves at 11:30 and I know I'll want to be there more than 3 hours early. How much earlier I haven't decided. But at 7-8am, I'm sure every mode of transporation will be busy, especially on a Friday. I think once we see Town Hall and get a feel for the area and distance, we will instantly know whether we'd want to do the airportlink for our return trip.

Archived