booking guarantee balcony

Scorpiorose

Has anyone ever been sorry they booked their balcony cabin as a guarantee? I have ours booked this way and am a little nervous about it!

We are in the VF (partially obstructed)as it stands now, booked guaranteed. What if we end up in the very end of the ship in a VF - then we'd have this cabin and it will be rocky where if we pick now it will be a VF but maybe mid ship.

What do ya all think?

Has anyone ever been sorry they booked their balcony cabin as a guarantee? I have ours booked this way and am a little nervous about it!

We are in the VF (partially obstructed)as it stands now, booked guaranteed. What if we end up in the very end of the ship in a VF - then we'd have this cabin and it will be rocky where if we pick now it will be a VF but maybe mid ship. What do ya all think?

You asked this question yesterday & got a few answers already:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=805498

thanks for finding that, I have never figured out how to search now that they've changed the search -

Wondering - one person on that said that there are no obstructions on the VF cat. but the person from vacatogo said that instead of the clear balcony guard it is a metal one you can't see through, this is what she said makes it an obstructed view as you can't sit and see out, you have to stand!:cool: Having said this, I dont think it will ruin my cruise to have the worse cabin in the VF cat. as I got a great deal on the cruise, basically paying the price for an inside but getting a balcony.

I guess I'll have to chance the guarantee sometime! What are the chances of an upgrade on a thanksgiving cruise, probably not that good!

And I'll be on a cruise, that makes me happy no matter what!!!:D

From what I understand, those VF cabins with the steel balconies are only located in the very front of the ship. I've heard they are quite nice. I had a VF that was located slightly aft of midships and it was a great room. As was the oceanview I had this year. It's all good, my friend. You're on a ship!

I dont think it will ruin my cruise to have the worse cabin in the VF cat. as I got a great deal on the cruise, basically paying the price for an inside but getting a balcony.

Sounds to me that you have already got a pretty good upgrade for your money..:rolleyes:

Only you can decide if it is worth the extra cash to get your preferred cabin..

Bulldog

Last year during the week after Thanksgiving we were on the Westerdam and we had a VH guarantee (one grade lower than VF) but were upgraded to a really sweet VD with a huge balcony. We always book "guarantee" on HAL and so far we haven't been disappointed.

thanks for finding that, I have never figured out how to search now that they've changed the search -

To find all your own posts (on anyone elses), click on the CC id then click on 'Find all posts by ...'.

To find all threads started by you (on anyone else), click on the CC id, then 'View Public Profile' and then 'Find all threads started by ...'.

hope that's the case for us Harry and thanks Peter! I liked the old search better but I appreciate the info!

You are welcome - it's not a search per se but is helpful in finding posts and threads!

Any time we've booked a guarantee on purpose, we've been very happy. The only time we were disappointed was when we were forced to book a guarantee - the only way to book the cruise allowed - for a partial round South America cruise. So of course we got the absolute worst cabin in our category. Only the people who took the whole cruise were allowed to book a specific cabin.

Archived