Help Ketchikan

cruise junky joan

We had our picture taken on a full size stuffed moose in a store in Ketchikan and I have yet to receive it in the mail. I can't find the receipt for the store and don't remember the name. Does this sound familiar to anyone? The store also had post office boxes along one wall. Thanks Joan

• Administrators
We had our picture taken on a full size stuffed moose in a store in Ketchikan and I have yet to receive it in the mail. I can't find the receipt for the store and don't remember the name. Does this sound familiar to anyone? The store also had post office boxes along one wall. Thanks Joan

I hope I can help! If the first photo below is "your" moose, the second one is the store where he lives. Hope that helps (and if not, it's still a cool moose!)

1277615895_Ketchikan11.jpg.b1f0a5d7293b3f76746892d20a00c18b.jpg

815640586_Ketchikan12.jpg.f85ffceed55e850e353b9fcff7eb7dc2.jpg

Thanks for trying to help but no this was not "our moose". The moose we had our picture on was an actual moose that had been killed and taxidermied and was on display in the store along with a bear and something else I can't recall. The idea was you walked aroud behind it to a raised platform then sat in a saddle on it's back. I know this is the worst tourist thing you could do but what the heck I'm a tourist. After they took your picture you picked out the backround you wanted photo shopped in and they sold you the picture. Unfortunately for us their photographer was out that day and the picture would have to be mailed after it was altered. This was on June 28th and I have already received other items I had sent home so I am beginning to worry. Anyone else out there remember seeing this in Ketchikan?

Thanks to everyone who tried to help but after a few miss directed calls I discovered that the store was Barnaby's. There was a 10 day delay while they figured out how to mail the picture without damaging it or paying a fortune for postage. Anyway the picture is on it's way and should be here in about another week.

Archived