Volleyball on Carnival

Does Carnival offer volleyball (or any other sport, for that matter) tournaments on deck? Or in port? Or at all?

Cruising in the past on NCL we would always form a team or two and get in the arranged tournaments, but on RCL a few years ago there was nothing. What is Carnival's situation? Do any of the Western Caribbean ports have tournaments for the more athletic set up? Are there tournaments/open games on the days at sea?

Any Legend-specific comments would be greatly appreciated...

Does Carnival offer volleyball (or any other sport, for that matter) tournaments on deck? Or in port? Or at all?

Cruising in the past on NCL we would always form a team or two and get in the arranged tournaments, but on RCL a few years ago there was nothing. What is Carnival's situation? Do any of the Western Caribbean ports have tournaments for the more athletic set up? Are there tournaments/open games on the days at sea?

Any Legend-specific comments would be greatly appreciated...

There wasn't any sports activity other than basketball on the Celebration last year. Not sure about newer ships but I have never read anything about v-ball or many other sports going on. Sorry I wasn't much help!

I was on the Freedom in April. I picked up a Club O2 caper for my granddaughter who will be going on the Liberty with us in a couple of weeks. She is a volleyball player and they had one entry on one day which gave them the opportunity to play volleyball. So I'm assuming that you can play on the Freedom. Sorry I can't give you any more information than that -- that's all I know. I couldn't tell you anything about it on the Legend, since I wasn't planning to play when I was on that ship, so I didn't look. :(

Freedom, Liberty, Valor and Destiny all had basketball/volleyball combo courts. They are very, very small, and usually very busy. We never saw any formally organized games - all were kind of pick-up games. I do think I remember a foul-shot contest in the capers on Freedom one day - that was it.

Archived