Do we need to fill out passport info on-line ahead of time?

Quince

On the other lines I've sailed (Carnival, Celebrity, Costa), we are supposed to fill out the passport info before arriving at the cruise check-in. I haven't seen anything from MSC about this-although I don't read my ticket packet too carefully!

So for those of you who have sailed this summer in Europe, did you fill out the information ahead of time, or wait till embarkation?

We don't need to do this at all in the UK, I booked my last MSC cruise in the UK and there was no requirement for a form etc. I've recently booked with Costa in the UK, & they took passport details over the 'phone...no other info required.

I have however booked my upcoming cruise with a US agent & he informed me I MUST complete this form online, even though I am a UK citizen. He may have been wrong, but I'm not prepared to risk it. :)

We don't need to do this at all in the UK, I booked my last MSC cruise in the UK and there was no requirement for a form etc. I've recently booked with Costa in the UK, & they took passport details over the 'phone...no other info required.

I have however booked my upcoming cruise with a US agent & he informed me I MUST complete this form online, even though I am a UK citizen. He may have been wrong, but I'm not prepared to risk it. :)

Thanks for clarifying that. I intend booking with US agents in the future so that is very useful to know

Many thanks for clrifying that Sprky1664. I intend booking future cruises with MSC through US agents and it's really useful to know this

Many thanks for clrifying that Sprky1664. I intend booking future cruises with MSC through US agents and it's really useful to know this

It certainly is best to know. I didn't realize. It was only when the booking number was changed that the agent told me I must fill in another form. :eek:

Given that I hadn't filled one in in the first place, it could have been a disaster. :D

Anyway..tickets now in hand...just have to hope there are no boarding problems . :)

We had to send a completed Booking Reservation Form, with full details, with our original deposit in Australia.

We were the same as MM.

Also be aware that as Australians (and some other nationalities) we had to hand in our passports to the reception when we boarded the ship and did not get them back until the night before we went to Dubrovnik (we had to carry them there). We carried copies with us anyway.

Although I was a bit skeptical about doing this it turned out ok but don't expect to get any stamps in your passport for all of the ports you visit. We had to request this to be done in Athens and I actually had to ask when we were leaving Dubrovnik - it was amazing how many people followed me into the office to do the same!!!!!!

Archived