Room Square Footage on Sea

sealgs2000

The cabins on the Sea are very cosy, but adequate. I had a 29" suitcase that had to sit out becuase it would not fit under the bed or in the closet. We were able to tuck away my DH's 26" suitcase tho.

The Sea is a great ship. You will love her... mmmmmmm I can still taste the bar-b-ques on deck & the stir fry station, & the......... mmmmmmmm

We had a 30" suitcase that we were able to squeeze into the bottom of one of the closets -- it was a tight fit, but it did get it out of the way. Someone suggested on one of the boards that if you leave your suitcase open, almost all of them will fit. I would be interested to know if that trick works on the Sea.

The rooms are cozy, but perfectly adequate. We thought the food & entertainment was great.

Thanks for the replys. The last time we cruised with our kids we were on the Carnival Pride. We thought that room was small at 185 square feed. I guess we will be really cozy on the sea. Oh well, I am still looking forward to it.

You mentioned you had sailed on Carnival Pride and your cabin was 185 sq.ft. On the Sea it's 115 sq.ft

I promise you that you'll be very surprised at how much less 70 square feet really is! :D

Ute Fan... what a great idea. I bet if I had left my suitcase open it would have fit.

Thanks for the tip!!!:D

sealgs2000... how many people are you planning to fit in your cabin? We were in 4130 & if I remember correctly it had upper bunks... so it would have slept 4.. but I am not sure how we would have fit 2 more people in there:eek: .... unless we did it in shifts..:rolleyes: ...that might prove interesting & fun!!!!

You will love the Sea!!

kiberkid --

Wish I could claim the idea, but I just read it on one of the boards. It was sort of like, DUH, why didn't I think of that??? The OP also brought up the fact that it is convenient to put your dirty laundry in if you leave your suitcase open. Oh well, next time...

sealgs2000 --

4 people in a Sea cabin?? You're braver than I would have been :o . It worked fine for 2 of us, but I hope your 2 additional passengers are fairly small. The sleeping arrangements wouldn't even have bothered me, as kids would probably enjoy the bunks, but trying to get 4 people ready to leave at the same time would be rather challenging. There just isn't a lot of floor space, particularly if you slide the twin beds together, and the bathroom is definitely 1 person occupancy. Luckily, the plug is out at the "vanity", so one person can be drying hair, putting on makeup, etc. while another person showers.

The best suggestion I heard, especially for the Sea, is one of the over-the-door shoe bag for toiletries. In our cabin (cat. KK, but I think the same size) there was NO storage space in the bathroom, and it would have been hard to put an overnight/toiletry bag anywhere, except possibly on the floor under the sink. Having that organizer made a lot of difference in our ability to get ready efficiently.

Yes, there will be four in our cabin my DH and two children. Our boys are ages 10 and 14. The only problem that I see is our 14yr old son is 6'2" and 200lbs. I just thought we were booking a nice happy family vacation for spring break! I am sure we will be ready to kill each other by the time we get to our second meal!!

You will have a great time. Just get ready in shifts -- let the kids sleep in (if they're like my teens were, that should be easy). After you and DH get ready, you can turn the room over to them.

My one other comment, not romantic at all ;) , is to leave the twin beds separated. It makes the room seem much more spacious. We actually had 6 adults (most of us quite "fluffy" sized, in our room to watch a ball game on ESPN one night, and with the beds apart it was fine.

I was afraid I was going to be claustrophobic, and it didn't bother me at all. Of course, we are used to camping in a 22' travel trailer, so I'm kind of used to small spaces. We managed with 4 of us in a balcony room on the Sun to Alaska this summer, quite a bit more square footage, but with the large (seemed like king size) bed, there really wasn't much more floor space available. By the way, I think the closet space on the Sea was arranged better. In addition, there weren't bunk beds, so my 2 young adult age kids had to share the futon bed, and we all came home alive.

Kiberkid - I'm sailing the Sea on 11/6 and have cabin 4132. Are the rooms in this area quiet? I'll be traveling alone, so I'm not too concerned about the size. I noticed the cabaret is directly above. Any issues?

Thanks for any advice/info.

Nancy

You will have a great time. Just get ready in shifts -- let the kids sleep in (if they're like my teens were, that should be easy). After you and DH get ready, you can turn the room over to them.

My one other comment, not romantic at all ;) , is to leave the twin beds separated. It makes the room seem much more spacious. We actually had 6 adults (most of us quite "fluffy" sized, in our room to watch a ball game on ESPN one night, and with the beds apart it was fine.

I was afraid I was going to be claustrophobic, and it didn't bother me at all. Of course, we are used to camping in a 22' travel trailer, so I'm kind of used to small spaces. We managed with 4 of us in a balcony room on the Sun to Alaska this summer, quite a bit more square footage, but with the large (seemed like king size) bed, there really wasn't much more floor space available. By the way, I think the closet space on the Sea was arranged better. In addition, there weren't bunk beds, so my 2 young adult age kids had to share the futon bed, and we all came home alive.

Keepiing them separated is by far the best way to go with such small cabins. On RCI a few years ago they put ours together and it was a total disaster.

You got me to thinking! I just checked out the cabin for my Dream cruise in January. I have previously been on the Paradise with an inside cabin and 186 ft. I am in an outside window cabin on the Dream with 152 ft. Then...in May I am on the Zuiderdam with a balcony and 254 ft. I have the whole range going on. Luckily it is only my DH and I on both cruises so it won't be too bad.

to get an idea of size, while still at home, go into the bathroom, look around and then go into the closet. that is about the size of the rooms on the Sea. We do, however love the ship.

to get an idea of size, while still at home, go into the bathroom, look around and then go into the closet. that is about the size of the rooms on the Sea. We do, however love the ship.

Gary, love the comparison; never thought about it that way, actually if you saw my bathrooms you would change it to maybe the size of a laundry room. Our laundry room is much larger than our bath room. LOL

NMnita

Archived