Is it the luck of the draw?

Very good point Fred. I would very much enjoy talking with folks from different walks of life than mine.After re-reading that my statement ,I should have more appropriately said it would be awkward to be there with just two others that didn't enjoy conversing.Thanks for the input.

We sat at a long table that sat 8, it was Wendy and I and 2 sisters from Illinois, the other 2 couple that knew each other sat at the other end of the table and pretty much ignored us and the 2 sisters from day one. We didn't pay too much attention to them and just chatted with the 2 sisters from Illinois all week long, we had a great time with them and by the end of the cruise those 2 other couples were so bored with each other that they finally wanted into our conversations, we just ignored them and kept talking.

If I'm stuck at a table for 4 and those 2 were clueless or not sociable I would get a table change ASAP.

Fred

Did you actually have a real talent show or was it that stupid Legends show?

I miss the real talent shows.

Fred

I'm not sure, I thought it was karaoke, since they had the karaoke machine set up there. (I thought that's what the talent show was all about :confused: ) It was held in a pretty large room direcly below the main showroom. In fact, I don't know how many people realize this, but the stage of the room below the main showroom is where the band pops up out of in the main showroom as this goes up and down on Spirit-classed ships.

It might have been the Legends show, don't know. The place was packed and everybody was having a good time. I thought the "talent" was superb for what seemed like "non-professionals" ! :)

I'm not sure, I thought it was karaoke, since they had the karaoke machine set up there. (I thought that's what the talent show was all about :confused: ) It was held in a pretty large room direcly below the main showroom. In fact, I don't know how many people realize this, but the stage of the room below the main showroom is where the band pops out of in the main showroom as this goes up and down on Spirit-classed ships.

It might have been the Legends show, don't know. The place was packed and everybody was having a good time. I thought the "talent" was superb for what seemed like "non-professionals" ! :)

Yes, that was probably the crappy Legends show that you saw with people trying to lip-sync to those songs. Carnival used to have but still do on some ships like the Miracle or the Legend a real talent show that is held in the theater by passengers, not one-a-bee lip-sync singers, I mean passengers with real talents in singing and other great talents like magic and even comedy.

Those were great shows.

Fred

I wish that were true. Then we'd be seated with fun people. On all our cruises, we've had wonderful tablemates except for one. On that cruise, we were seated at a table for 4 and the other couple had nothing in common with us. We'd try to start a conversation and get one word answers. After the 2nd night, they didn't show up anymore. It's a good thing DH & I enjoy each other's company.;)

Pungo - I'd be happy to share a table with you next week! I don't know why, we seem to end up with a table for 4 for the 4 of us. Haven't had any tablemates in years....

Yes, that was probably the crappy Legends show that you saw with people trying to lip-sync to those songs. Carnival used to have but still do on some ships like the Miracle or the Legend a real talent show that is held in the theater by passengers, not one-a-bee lip-sync singers, I mean passengers with real talents in singing and other great talents like magic and even comedy.

Those were great shows.

Fred

I didn't find it crappy at all and they weren't lip-synching. :eek: The karaoke machine plays all the background music, the performers actually do the singing. Maybe they only do it on the Spirit-classed ships because they also did it on the PRIDE. I liked it very much. Seemed like excellent performers. :)

If you mean by the "theatre", the main showroom, yes, I've seen one of those shows . . . didn't care that much for them. Maybe I just got a bad night. :D

is to assign the tables...I am good freinds with 2...they have to start somewhere...So they start with Platinum guests..if req'd..special needs group, ie: kiddies etc...then tables of persons that have linked res'..then reg req's...then. non-req'd..computer is much like a hotel booking system(been 2 hotel managers in the past)..it takes non- english speaking pax, if applicable..age groups, then , pax count, goes in the cracks, then the empty tables are filled by the computer with the mix...all req's cannot possibly be met..I have had looking access to the MD's puter, after I asked how the seating was decided..by each paxs name are listed by their age, country of origin, members in party, special needs, platinum, linked res'..and possible other deliniations...like hotel rooms, these can be moved around to "similar" tables to accomodate..(same as hotel rooms)..change is generally possible..but there are notes of DNM,( do not move)..most ppl do not care where, whom, just how many..and of course the dining time factor. I always have the same table, and chair..even b4 I was Platinum..and it is on my card..so I know, it must work..just have a great attitude, a great smile, and the MD will "seat to suit"...sometimes after the 1st night. Then they send a note to the pax that their new table is available. there now..clear as mud..?

Archived