I'm Back with NCL

juried

Hello All,

I am very pleased to report that I have received a letter from NCL addressing my complaints and concerns about the category AC on my transatlantic voyage.

The letter informed me that “my comments regarding the various problems with my stateroom and balcony were read with particular concern.” And after a follow up phone conversation, I was assured that this information will be shared with their Reservation Department …. specifically the notation about "Limited Use of the Balcony" and consider how best to inform those passengers booking this stateroom category.

I am not sure if NCL will ever actually have full disclosure, but I am very impressed with the effort as well as a follow up phone call.

I also received future cruise credits, (as a gesture of good will, even though I made it perfectly clear in my letter that this was not the primary objective of my complaint)

so I will be booking my next cruise fairly soon.:)

And you know what? I feel appreciated and listened to and that is important too.

All is well with the world and NCL are the class act I always believed they were.

Go Sox,

Juried

what was your complaints about the AC?...im in a AC to Alaska next year and when I asked the reservation department about various complaints I heard I was told none of what I heard was true....

The issue they were having was they booked a front facing AC suite

on the Transatlantic and were upset that they hardly used it due to

the wind......(Why they thought they wouldnt have windy days on

a TA baffles me, plus some of us told them ahead of time that it was

gonna be a bad choice)......Now, on an Alaskan cruise it is DEFINETLY

the way to go.....Enjoy your cruise:) ;)

Now, on an Alaskan cruise it is DEFINETLY

the way to go.....Enjoy your cruise:) ;)

Thanks for clarifying this! I'm in an AD on the Sun (which is a forward cabin) in two weeks and I'm happy to hear that it's the way to go!!:D

NayRN

When we were on the Pearl to Alaska we found no problem with the outer door to our suite 9002. Almost every morning the cabin steward would open the outer door to our suite. If the cabin steward did not open the door we would. If the wind was a bit strong we would close it. No problem.

We loved this suite and asked our Butler if we could open the outer door when we wanted...she said if the weather got bad we would be asked to close the outer door. I would love to get this penthouse every time we cruise because it is wonderful.

All you have to do is ask the crew. They know and will help.:D

Nick

We LOVED our Star AC and our Sun AD and wouldn't hesitate to choose either category again, except for a transatlantic cruise, when I'd rather have something on the stern and completely out of the wind.

For Alaska, any cabin hanging out there on the bow of the ship is FINE WITH ME!

what was your complaints about the AC?...im in a AC to Alaska next year and when I asked the reservation department about various complaints I heard I was told none of what I heard was true....

I am glad it worked out for the OP. I had watched this thread pretty closely because we were cruising on the Pearl not too long afterwards and when we got an upsell call to an AC, I pulled the thread up to show my dh and said "look, we won't be able to use the balcony". He and other convinced me to take the AC and I LOVED it! As nderoche said (we were on the same cruise), the room steward would open the outer door and we had no problem what so ever using the balcony when ever we wanted. It really made the scenes in Glacier Bay that much more spectacular. You will really appreciate it. Have a great time!

Hello All,

I am very pleased to report that I have received a letter from NCL addressing my complaints and concerns about the category AC on my transatlantic voyage.

The letter informed me that “my comments regarding the various problems with my stateroom and balcony were read with particular concern.” And after a follow up phone conversation, I was assured that this information will be shared with their Reservation Department …. specifically the notation about "Limited Use of the Balcony" and consider how best to inform those passengers booking this stateroom category.

I am not sure if NCL will ever actually have full disclosure, but I am very impressed with the effort as well as a follow up phone call.

I also received future cruise credits, (as a gesture of good will, even though I made it perfectly clear in my letter that this was not the primary objective of my complaint)

And you know what? I feel appreciated and listened to and that is important too.

All is well with the world and NCL are the class act I always believed they were.

Go Sox,

Juried

Do you mind me asking???what kinda credit did they give you?

Hello All,

I am very pleased to report that I have received a letter from NCL addressing my complaints and concerns about the category AC on my transatlantic voyage. ------------And you know what? I feel appreciated and listened to and that is important too.

Go Sox,

Juried

Juried I remember your posting and I think your fustration at the issue at the time glad that you got listened to and thank you for closure on this issue. Nice to hear that problems are listened to and dealt with. So ofeten on this board I have read about peoples problems but do not often get to hear the end results. Hope you have many more wonderful cruises

H

Go Sox,

Juried

Hi Terry:

Rex & I were on the Mardi Gras cruise with you. Glad you got everything straightened out.

We're planning to book the Cruise Critic Group cruise on the Dawn from NYC to Bermuda on June 7, 09 with two other couples. Why not join us? It's always fun to meet up with former shipmates again.

This time I promise, no more back to back margarita and martini clinics.

Carole

Glad I made a good cabin choice for Alaska.. also I think since I am in room 10000 my cabin will be larger then the AC's on the 9th floor correct?

That is correct...I had 10000 on the Gem and they have floor to ceiling

windows next to the door.....That one and 10500 are like that:D

Archived