Carnival Credit Card?

WinnieinWA

Several cruise lines have Bank of America Credit cards that give you points for a future cruise. I have NCL and RCCL. I figure if I charge everything to these 2 cards that I can cruise 2 times a year for free. I pay the cards off each month and never carry a balance. I was wondering if Carnival has anything like that. I searched and researched and I have been unsuccessful in finding any information.

Thanks.

Thanks.. I think I'll pass. I get great perks with my 2 cards I have. I just thought I might be able to cruise 3-4 times a year for free if I have enough credit cards in use..paying them off each month.:) Charging all my utilities each month gives me a free cruise on one cruise line. SWEET!:D

:) Charging all my utilities each month gives me a free cruise on one cruise line. SWEET!:D

So, how many points = free cruise on your RCI card? About how much do you charge a month?

Sorry for all the ???'s! I got caught up with the SeaMiles card on our cruise last month on the Triumph:eek: but now I'm rethinking. Anyone have any suggestions as to which card gives the best rewards???? Please help me cruise for "free"! ;)

So, how many points = free cruise on your RCI card? About how much do you charge a month?

I can't answer that question because I just got the RCCL card this week.

My NCL card gives me one point for every dollar I spend.

in just a few months I have racked up 800. points.

I charge about 800.00 per month on my NCL card. That includes food, gas, insurance premiums, utilities, taxes, latte's..just about everything!!!

I recommend you go to a 'Sticky' on the NCL board to get all of the specifics for the credit card.

I charge everything I can. :)

Sorry for all the ???'s! I got caught up with the SeaMiles card on our cruise last month on the Triumph:eek: but now I'm rethinking. Anyone have any suggestions as to which card gives the best rewards???? Please help me cruise for "free"! ;)

I got the Bank of America card in March for NCL and already have $700.00 in credit for a future cruise. You can only cruise NCL for free once a year .

( MY UNDERSTANDING)

so that's why I was looking for other cruise line cards.

RCCL looks like it is the other "best" credit card line.

We also got caught up in the SeaMiles hype last Feb and since have used the card for everything! But after building up 15000 miles, I have decided to use a card that will give me CASH back!!! Either my Costo AMEX or Discover.

Smitty

I got sucked into Carnival's Sea Miles card. It isn't woth it. It takes like 75,000 sea miles to get a cheap 3/4 night cruise. And then you have to pay for taxes, etc with cash. I would suggest getting a cash rewards card and buying a cruise with the money. You will come out way ahead! I have 93,000 sea miles. I am saving up enough for a Cat 12 Suite and then I am out...

I have been reading about Sea Miles for a long time... everything I have read indicates you should run away... run away fast... and not look back at this offer.

You wil do much better using a CASH Award card where they give you 1% to 5% back to you in cash for all your charge purchases.

I get back over $700 a year in these cash awards from credit cards.

Just google "cash awards". Citi and BofA are two that come to mind.

We have the Carnival seamiles card for several years now. I agree holding out for a free cruise takes forever. We typically use our points for cash discounts of $125, $250 or $500.

We were building our new house earlier this year and racked up lots of points. The point to dollar ratio is only 1 to $1 which is low compared to other cards. The double point on Carnival help some, so all our bookings and S&S go on the card.

When redeaming points Seamiles tried to tell us you had to take a 7 day or longer cruise to get the full discount. Each time we asked to speak with the supervisor as the web site has no mention of redemption restrictions. We have used the points for $625 off the two cruises this year. And another $250 off last year.

We also have all utilities going on the card. The key with this card is to pay it off in full every month as it has one of the highest interest rates of any card.

We have had the "Sea Miles" since the first year of issue. Our recommendation: seek out a different card.

The hassle, misinformation, restrictions, etc. are just not worth the minimum return.

One other note: our monthly statement was paid from our "on-line" bill pay through our bank. We had to process our payment through 7 to 10 days before due date to have it credited to the account on time. This did not make sense to us or the rep from the bank - the bank is usually able to process other credit card payments 24 to 48 hours in advance of due date and have them credited on time without late fees. With the "Sea Miles" card through Barclays this was not possible.

We have had the "Sea Miles" since the first year of issue. Our recommendation: seek out a different card.

The hassle, misinformation, restrictions, etc. are just not worth the minimum return.

One other note: our monthly statement was paid from our "on-line" bill pay through our bank. We had to process our payment through 7 to 10 days before due date to have it credited to the account on time. This did not make sense to us or the rep from the bank - the bank is usually able to process other credit card payments 24 to 48 hours in advance of due date and have them credited on time without late fees. With the "Sea Miles" card through Barclays this was not possible.

The card we just ordered is through Juniper. I noticed there is a MasterCard and a Visa.

RCL- hahaha! My wife and I got our own cards from them. We used our cards ONCE just to get the free points special, got the certificates and cancelled. I got a $150 discount certificate and my wife got a $100 obc certificate- we used them both last month to help us afford a RCL 4 day cruise after our CCL 7 day cruise. If the CCL card ever offers a deal like this, then take it, otherwise, they are pretty stingy.

I have Hilton and Starwood (sheraton) and Comfort credit cards, with enough points to get a weeks worth of rooms, which can help out the cruise budget a lot. Last month in Orlando, we got four free nights at Quality Inn. May not sound like a big deal, but when you get a free night, you don't have to pay sales tax on that room, which can be a lot.

Archived