Holiday Inn Potts Point

I don't know anything about this hotel, though I have stayed near here before. For preference I would stay in the city centre itself as it is easier to get around and you can walk to many attractions - Darling Harbour, Circular Quay, the Rocks etc. You would need to either take the train or a taxi from here as it is a bit of a walk. The other thing is that Kings Cross can be quite seedy. There are many bars and sex shows and drugs are failrly obvious. At my age, I do not choose to stay there.

I agree with Aussieflyer. The hotel itself is nice but its not a great area. Its the junkies that are the worst problem. I work in the area, so I see it every day. I can only imagine it is worse at night.

I think you could get something around Darling Harbour for about the same price

What is the street address in Potts Point?

I love Potts Point and stay there whenever I visit Sydney, at the Country Women's Association Club House (open to everyone).

Sometimes my daughter and I stay at Hotel De Vere nearby, as it has excellent accommodation specials.

I love the village atmosphere, with great restaurants, lots of beautiful walks around Elizabeth and Double Bay on the harbour and through the Botanical Gardens to the Art Gallery and City.

At night, I catch a bus to the door or a train to Kings Cross and have never had any trouble. However, I don't dawdle and stay on main roads!

It's definitely in the Cross. The wonders of marketing, eh? There ought to be a prize for bare-faced cheek in hotel naming!

Its right across the road from Kings Cross station.

If you would like to stay in Potts Point, here are the web links for DeVere Hotel and CWA Residential Club, which I recommend for reasonable accommodation. Both have bed and breakfast rates.

http://www.devere.com.au/specials.html

http://www.cwaofnsw.org.au/accommodation/home.do;jsessionid=6C0E363CDA836D0E2D7BD1B88C3D1E7B

Thank you for your replies. The reason my husband and I had thought about this hotel were the good reviews on Trip Adviser and the fact that you could view the harbour and opera house from your room all be it a long distance away. We will possibly look closer to Darling Harbour now.

We booked our hotel through Priceline and got the Marriot Circular Quay for $160 it's close to the cruise dock and has great views of the Bridge or Opera House.

Archived