Teenagers......

pbgvluv

I have a reservation on hold for a 14 day (June 20, 2009), roundtrip from Venice. It is a celebration for our daughter's high school graduation and our 20th anniversary.

Our daughter (only child) is very comfortable around adults. We've been on quite a few cruises on bigger ships, and she was never into the teen clubs.

Has anyone been on a Seabourn trip with teenagers? What was their reactions?

pbgvluv (new memeber)

Good afternoon.

I suppose it depends how old your daughter is. I'm not aware that Seabourn caters for teenagers per se.

There is no 'programme' for youngsters. Many people choose certain cruise lines and ships because they do not have 'children' on board.

Kind regards

Tony

I have a reservation on hold for a 14 day (June 20, 2009), roundtrip from Venice. It is a celebration for our daughter's high school graduation and our 20th anniversary.

Our daughter (only child) is very comfortable around adults. We've been on quite a few cruises on bigger ships, and she was never into the teen clubs.

pbgvluv (new memeber)

She will probably find that she is the only teenager on board although that may not spoil a cruise she will enjoy. :cool:

Though I am not a teenager, I am a much younger than typical passenger on a Seabourn cruise. I was also a fairly grown up child. Sounds like your daughter is about 18 and farily mature. The pool is quite small but if you are taking her to Europe and she is going on excursion a lot more than enjoying time on the ship I think she will be fine, just a little bored on ship. However the food is great and a European cruise would be wonderful but have an honest conversation with her and make sure she is ok spending a lot of time with you as she probably won't have companions on the ship and I am not sure as a parent I would want her strolling around Europe by herself (I am not a parent but that just does not sound like a good idea, always better to travel in pairs at least).

Hope that helps.

Kris

Disney Cruise Line 2007 Western Carribean

Seabourn Cruise Line 2008 Iberian Spring

Seabourn Cruise Line 2009 Fiords and British Isles

pbgvluv (new memeber)

The attraction of Seabourn for most would be that there are no children and teenagers on board.You will see the odd one or two but I find that putting them in the used towel bin works for me.:D

pbgvluv (new memeber)

I do NOT think that SB is for children....your daughter is a different case..she is not a child. The fact that she relates well to adults..I think that she would have a good time. Our daugther..though older...didn't know if she would enjoy being around older people for that length of time. It turned out..that she made more buddies than we did on her first trip. Two of them people in their eighties. I agree that she must be with you ashore...strolling alone in a foreign country would not be suitable.

She can enjoy the spa and exercise equipment..the massages..etc. Lori loved the marina day...though you probably won't have that..depending on your itinery. She adored the fantastic menus...and enjoyed the salmon eggs benedict at least every other morning. The staff was so special to her and of course did a little flirting..that alway makes a girl feel welcome. She loved that they brought her lovely frozen fruit special drinks as she was worshiping the sun. Have a great time..Lolaicon12.gif

All the ones I spoke with were very nice. There were also about 5 younger kids including Capt. Sorenson's son. All the teens I spoke to were having a great time. We had one day at sea and the kids were mostly sun bathing or in their suites watching DVDs (I was told) as it was so hot out.

I would definatly say she would have a great time. I wanted to bring my 17 year old with me again but he refuses to be seen with me. I am told he will grow out of this....

Seabourn does not cater to children or teens whatsoever -- it is an adult cruise line. However, if you have a mature teen who can enjoy the company of adults and is self-entertaining (like reading a book out on deck) and would enjoy some super service and pampering, by all means, bring her along. It would be a wonderful experience for her.

All the ones I spoke with were very nice. There were also about 5 younger kids including Capt. Sorenson's son. All the teens I spoke to were having a great time. We had one day at sea and the kids were mostly sun bathing or in their suites watching DVDs (I was told) as it was so hot out.

I would definatly say she would have a great time. I wanted to bring my 17 year old with me again but he refuses to be seen with me. I am told he will grow out of this....

My son refuses to be seen with me too.:D He also hates when I call him Baby Boy. What's their problem they should love their mommies:p

Archived