Hopefully the ultimate Aft thread with Pictures (vent, and beams)

flvol77

Thank you for the fabulous aft photos. I do have a question...

We are booked guarantee Cat. D on the Golden. I see that a possible upgrade would be to a Category C; which are the four aft cabins with the portholes. That does not look like an upgrade to me. Has anyone experienced those cabins?

I like a window with a view...the portholes look very deeply set in.

I like to use coffee card at International cafe on way to breakfast...Aloha deck aft looks out of the way. Same for dinner at the Anytime venues.

Any aspect that makes the Cat. C cabin worth more money than D category?

I have the same question, booked on the golden in January with cat c. It seems like cat d on the Plaze deck might be better for the IC, Vines and other activities onboard. Cat c looks like it might be more private?

lvhh says: I have the same question, booked on the golden in January with cat c. It seems like cat d on the Plaze deck might be better for the IC, Vines and other activities onboard. Cat c looks like it might be more private?

I think I would rather be Cat. D. We intend to get the coffee card. And we usually eat at the dining room on Plaza deck. That is why I am trying to determine "What makes those Port hole, Category C rooms BETTER than a Category D with a window?" Am I missing something? I think I might pose this question on the main Princess board. I searched and found nothing. I am glad we are not sailing this week. I hope the bad weather changes in time for both of our cruises!

We have booked two aft cabins next to each other. Do the walls between the balconies open?

(on the Crown Princess!)

We did this on Holland America and it was great!

No on the full aft they don't open between the balconies. Just on the sides.

We have booked two aft cabins next to each other. Do the walls between the balconies open?

(on the Crown Princess!)

We did this on Holland America and it was great!

On the Grand, there was a door between our aft balcony and the balcony next door (ours was a suite and the one next door was a balcony cabin). The darn thing made so much noise that we stuffed some cardboard into it.

On the Grand, there was a door between our aft balcony and the balcony next door (ours was a suite and the one next door was a balcony cabin). The darn thing made so much noise that we stuffed some cardboard into it.

We had a door between our Vista Suite and the balcony cabin next to us as well (also on the aft) on the Sapphire this past week. No noise from it though. But you can definitely connect the cabins that way. Maybe it's different from ship to ship?

Katherine

• 1 month later...

Yes, but it doesn't open all the way. I think I remember it kinda folds back halfway allowing room to walk thru. We use this also because we travel with friends. Always set the chairs on one balcony and have our little party every night. It's really nice!

Edited by swom

Hey Guys I just got assigned to B752 which is one of the famous ones with a beam or whatever. I think from what people are saying, is that it's off to the side on mine and not in the middle, no big deal to me, and there's nothing I can do about it, because I got it on a guarantee upgrade so I really cant change it. We will be on the Crown Princess leaving April 2 so I will be SURE to take pictures of the balcony for those of you who are interested.

thanks for the getback..saw a photo of B748 Ruby Princess and there was a bulkhead door that opened to allow a passage between it and B750..

We had one of the infamous wrap aft balconies on Carnival and the aft balcony next to it and they took out the entire bulkhead between cabins!! We had like 1/4 of the aft to ourselves..it was incredible

We just got off the Sapphire and had two minis on Emerald deck and had the door removed//it wasnt as nice as having the entire bulkhead removed but it made for easy access between cabins without using the hallways

Edited by Michael Kays

• 1 month later...

Thanks to all the folks here I booked that cabin as soon as bookings opened. We were a bit leery of doing it because we have only had mini suites in the past and we weren't sure we wanted to give up the extra storage area, the larger bathroom, and the sitting area - especially on a two week cruise.

But we loved it! Sure, we missed the extra space etc, but the balcony was worth it to us. We traveled with two other couples who were down the hall, and we had a "sail away" party on our balcony every evening - it was perfect.

Now and then if the ship was positioned just right we got some sun and/or wind - but 95% of the time it was absolutely amazing out there. We played cards, we played Yahtzee, we read books, we drank wine (OMG we drank a lot of wine). Is 16 bottles too much for a 2 week cruise???

The noise from the wake was soothing to us and we enjoyed the little extra movement being in the back - we've actually missed that when we had mid ship minis.

One thing we quickly figured out was if you're going to be on the balcony, you can't hear the door if someone is banging away, and you can't hear the phone. I finally opted to extend the deadbolt on the door if we were expecting company, and I pulled the phone cord as far as it would go and set it on the balcony floor :-)

Having the "private" entrance was nice - no noise from people going up and down the hall at all. There is a crew door there, and we saw one crew member use it once, but we never heard it.

It makes me feel better about also booking C748 on the Sapphire for next April!

Now we just got notified the Crown is going to start sailing out of Galveston again starting in Dec 2012 - hmmm - C753 or C752 - decisions decisions!!

We had C753 on the Ruby Nov 09 and loved it. Me more than the wife. Had a thunder storm and lighting about midnite one night and it was awesome. Just sat there and watched it on the balcony. Just booked B753 on the Caribbean Princess for Oct 29 repositiong cruise, aft again, out of New York.:D

We had C753 on the Ruby Nov 09 and loved it. Me more than the wife. Had a thunder storm and lighting about midnite one night and it was awesome. Just sat there and watched it on the balcony. Just booked B753 on the Caribbean Princess for Oct 29 repositiong cruise, aft again, out of New York.:D

We had C752 also on the Ruby and just loved it....We are also on the October 29th Repositioning Cruise out of NYC...come say hello sometime

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1236093&page=8

Thanks to all the folks here I booked that cabin as soon as bookings opened. We were a bit leery of doing it because we have only had mini suites in the past and we weren't sure we wanted to give up the extra storage area, the larger bathroom, and the sitting area - especially on a two week cruise.

But we loved it! Sure, we missed the extra space etc, but the balcony was worth it to us. We traveled with two other couples who were down the hall, and we had a "sail away" party on our balcony every evening - it was perfect.

Now and then if the ship was positioned just right we got some sun and/or wind - but 95% of the time it was absolutely amazing out there. We played cards, we played Yahtzee, we read books, we drank wine (OMG we drank a lot of wine). Is 16 bottles too much for a 2 week cruise???

The noise from the wake was soothing to us and we enjoyed the little extra movement being in the back - we've actually missed that when we had mid ship minis.

One thing we quickly figured out was if you're going to be on the balcony, you can't hear the door if someone is banging away, and you can't hear the phone. I finally opted to extend the deadbolt on the door if we were expecting company, and I pulled the phone cord as far as it would go and set it on the balcony floor :-)

Having the "private" entrance was nice - no noise from people going up and down the hall at all. There is a crew door there, and we saw one crew member use it once, but we never heard it.

It makes me feel better about also booking C748 on the Sapphire for next April!

Now we just got notified the Crown is going to start sailing out of Galveston again starting in Dec 2012 - hmmm - C753 or C752 - decisions decisions!!

We have both C752 for our VAN - LAX and C753 for Hawaii cruise on the Golden next September. We had C753 on the Grand while in the Med and we enjoyed nightly cocktail parties with our "new CC" friends every night. They were so disappointed we didn't have an aft balcony on Sun when we all cruised to AU/NZ a few weeks ago.

It is an absolutely wonderful place to enjoy morning coffee and/or continental breakfast or a bottle of wine after a long touring day Relaxing and reading while enjoying the motion and slight noise of the wake is a great way to spend a sea day. It's especially nice to be out on the balcony before bedtime to enjoy the stars;)

• 2 weeks later...
In regards to the Emerald Princess, can anyone tell me if the balcony on B757 is smaller than the balcony on R623? Which one would you chose?

Thanks!

The balcony B757 is bigger than R623. It is almost double the size and has the fantastic view of the wake.....no doubt I would choose B757. Enjoy! Edited by roe2ship