Sydney > Bangkok is there a good guide book

happycruzer

We are so looking forward to cruising from Sydney to Bangkok on our first ever Princess cruise.

On all of our other cruises we have managed to purchase a travel/guide book.

Eg. Frommers etc for all of the destinations, ports of call etc. We have found them to be invaluable and also make great reading whilst our countdown clocks slowly tick away :)

So I'm wondering if anyone who may have already done this cruise can recommend a good one.

Many thanks

Happycruzer

I see you are in Scotland...If you were in the US I would suggest you go to the local 'big box' bookstore and browse through the travel section, sampling the offerings and picking the ones that seem to fit your needs. You might not be able to get it all in one book. I usually buy more than I want to carry along, so I photocopy the pages of interest to take along, and discard later. It looks like you have plenty of time to do this. Happy planning! Try not to drool over the pages before you buy them! EM

I've used the Lonely Planet series for several trips and really like them. I don't know if they cover all of your ports, but I would try those first. One nice thing about Lonely Planet is that they're available for purchase online in a chapter-by-chapter format, so you don't have to buy the whole book on, for example, Mexico, if you only need the chapter on Acapulco. Not sure if all their destinations are available in that format, but it's a nice convenient option for traveling as it really cuts down on the weight you have to drag along!

Thanks for your help !

Looks like I'll have to buy quite a few different guide books to cover the ports.

But I do prefer the ones aimed at cruisers as they tend to give info on the Ports etc. Oh well C'est la Vie as they say.

Thanks again for your help.

Happycruzer

Archived