Sept. packing Alaska

millet47

Congratulations, I loved the Pearl to Alaska in early May.

It was very chilly; I suppose it will be in September too. Take layers, lots of layers. Also take an umbrella, gloves, hat, and windbreaker. You can google a packing list for Alaska travel; I used that as a guide.

My thermals were wonderful as well. I wore them every day as my base layer. It really was cold. However, don't forget your swimsuit in case you want to go to the spa; it really is relaxing there in the heated chairs and hot tubs, and it has a beautiful view. You can get a day pass for only $20.

We are going on our first cruise ever on the Pearl to Alaska on September 14th. I am wondering what kind of clothes to pack. We are flying into Seattle so we will have limited space for a wardrobe.

I am also going to Alasaka Sept. 14th. I will be on the Pearl. I am planning to wear layers and rewear most of my clothes. I am packing 2 pair of jeans, 1 pair of tan jeans, 3 long sleave t's, 4 button up shirts, 2 lounge outfits for comfort on the boat, a pair of black pants, a pair of brown pants, black skirt, a boating jacket (it is waterproof and has a zip out liner), hat, gloves, black boots, waterproof hiking shoes, walking shoes, and I think that is it. I have an awsome coat I bought for the trip, but might not pack due to room.

We were on the Star in September '06, and the weather was chilly. The only thing I could add to mom2's post is to add warm socks! You will definitely be outside to view the glaciers, and it can get cold. I needed a hat and gloves. If you're planning any outside excursions, layering really helps. Alaska's weather seems to be really unpredictable, the week before us there was sun, two days after we went to the Yukon, it snowed! So, I think layering, double duty clothing and keeping the extremities warm is the way to go. Have a great time, you will absolutely love Alaska.

We are also on the Pearl Sept 14 on our first cruise, we usually vacation in Mexico so I am having a hard time mentally preparing for the cold! But the thought of seeing the whales keeps me going!

I plan on bringing jeans, sweatshirts, rain coats, gloves, hats, water proof shoes and so on but I usually have to pack only a bathing suit and a few summer things so I am concerned about too many suitcases!

We live in Upstate NY so we know winter!

I was planning on washing clothes one day at sea, or is this crazy? I was also planning on only one pair of slacks for a nice dinner night just like I would do in Mexico, as long as my husband doesn't spill on himself we will be fine!

can we bring wine on board? Our TA will have one bottle in our room when we arrive but I will need more then that!

We have a balcony room and hope to be able to see alot from there.

Very excited, hope I'm not asking too many questions but I like to be prepared!

thanks in advance for any help!

We are also on the Pearl Sept 14 on our first cruise, we usually vacation in Mexico so I am having a hard time mentally preparing for the cold! But the thought of seeing the whales keeps me going!

I plan on bringing jeans, sweatshirts, rain coats, gloves, hats, water proof shoes and so on but I usually have to pack only a bathing suit and a few summer things so I am concerned about too many suitcases!

We live in Upstate NY so we know winter!

I was planning on washing clothes one day at sea, or is this crazy? I was also planning on only one pair of slacks for a nice dinner night just like I would do in Mexico, as long as my husband doesn't spill on himself we will be fine!

can we bring wine on board? Our TA will have one bottle in our room when we arrive but I will need more then that!

We have a balcony room and hope to be able to see alot from there.

Very excited, hope I'm not asking too many questions but I like to be prepared!

thanks in advance for any help!

i had 2 prs of long pants, for evening, had the in-laws with us...they would have noticed the same pants every night. otherwise, you are packing about the same i did in '06 . add a sleeveless fleece vest, i live in that...:D

Archived