RCCL w/7mo old ?Recommendations?

austinLVFR

My wife and I are sailing on Vision of the Seas this Nov. We are experienced cruisers, but this will be our first time with a baby. My inlaws are coming also are they are good helpful people (as long as they aren't intoxicated) so that should help. We booked a balcony room. I know RCCL offers basinetts if they are requested before boarding. Where does they crib go in the room? Do they take out the couch out of the room or something? Our baby has acid refux, so he usually sleeps in his bouncer or with us in bed. Do we even need a crib? Does anyone have any other advice for cruising w/a baby?

My wife and I are sailing on Vision of the Seas this Nov. We are experienced cruisers, but this will be our first time with a baby. My inlaws are coming also are they are good helpful people (as long as they aren't intoxicated) so that should help. We booked a balcony room. I know RCCL offers basinetts if they are requested before boarding. Where does they crib go in the room? Do they take out the couch out of the room or something? Our baby has acid refux, so he usually sleeps in his bouncer or with us in bed. Do we even need a crib? Does anyone have any other advice for cruising w/a baby?

We usually move our table to the outside and put the pack n play in front of the couch. We would take it up when DS wasn't using it and store it in a corner, or under the bed. You can elevate one side of the pad of the pack n play by putting some towels under the pad, or pillows, so baby will have an angle to sleep on.

I would request it and keep it for the duration of the cruise. That way, if you find you do have a need for it, there will always be one available. What about daytime naps? Do you still sleep with the baby for those? Like I said, you can store it under the bed or in a corner.

Happy Sailing!

We sailed on the Grandeur of the Seas when our DD was 7 months. We used the pack n play they provided. We had a Junior Suite and we just placed it next to the bed for easy access in case she woke in the night. You could probably just look at whatever configuration works best for your room. If you decide you dont need the pack n play just return it to the room steward. Have fun, we sure did.

They provide highchairs so need to bring one, we just brought a few toys from home, our room had a bathtub but you may consider a blow-up bathtub (target $10). We also used it on deck for her to splash in and even dry as a playpen with a few toys in it. The Aquatots program is every morning for 45 minutes you can go and play with them with new toys. We brought powdered formula, bottles, bottle brush and dishsoap to wash them out in the bathroom sink. We brought babyfood in the plastic containers, plenty of diapers, wipes, baby meds, stroller, carseat. We had a lot of fun and we didnt have family with us.

Julie

We always remove the coffee table that is in the room, even now, kids are 8 and 15! (teens take up so much room!)

I think your room steward can remove it for you! Maybe in laws can use it in their room, for holding cocktails! LOL:D I just loved that, too!

I, too, (once)had too many cocktails and I slept on the top bunk and my dd (2 at the time) slept next to hubby....:eek: :o

You are going to have a great time!

Archived