New to Princess

sarz272000

Actually we are new to cruising! We're trying to get some friends to do a trip in March 09. Does anyone have any input on staying in the balcony rooms on the Lido deck? (Noisy? any comments that would help us decide the location?)

Thanks!

Hope to be sailing Princess soon:D

Linda

we have stayed in l311,and it was a great room,only noise was during the day,you only hear those that are on your floor,which is nill,and you are close to all the action,i loved grabbing a piece of pizza and be in my room in 3 minutes:)));)

Since you're new to Princess, you may not be aware that balconies on Caribe deck are 2+ times the size of those on upper decks. You may wish to check these out before you make a decision.

Lew

Actually we are new to cruising! We're trying to get some friends to do a trip in March 09. Does anyone have any input on staying in the balcony rooms on the Lido deck? (Noisy? any comments that would help us decide the location?)

Thanks!

Hope to be sailing Princess soon:D

Linda

Very close to the pool etc.

We stayed there on the Emerald this year L-202.

My complaints with this location were doors at the pool end of the hall leading outside were at the smokers area and the smoke and hot air would be sucked inside the hallway (doors always stuck open and there were 2 sets of them) making in uncomfortably warm. We were also by the front door to the observation area over the bridge which can get busy foot traffic and a door slam or two.

Most swear by these cabins though because of their convienence.

If I had it to do again I would go to the BB/BA categories on the Caribe deck. :)

Since you're new to Princess, you may not be aware that balconies on Caribe deck are 2+ times the size of those on upper decks. You may wish to check these out before you make a decision.

Lew

Are you saying the balconies themselves are 2+ times larger? Is this true for all Caribe balconies (BA and BB) on the Crown? What are the approximate dimensions of the balconies and how many chairs are there? Thanks!

Archived