How many of you get balconies?

Well, I'll answer the question anyway.

I've been on several cruises prior to last year on the Glory and never had a balcony. We always had a window, never an inside cabin.

Last year we got a balcony and absoulutely loved it! We're spoiled now! I can't see going back to a window only!

:D

We got a balcony on one of our back 2 backs and were never out there much..It all depends if you want to spend another $400 per person for that balcony...We are not in our rooms very much but if you spend a lot of time in your room that might be worth the extra money...That $800 dollars goes a long way on paying our sign and sail bill.....Dennis

We got a balcony on one of our back 2 backs and were never out there much..It all depends if you want to spend another $400 per person for that balcony...We are not in our rooms very much but if you spend a lot of time in your room that might be worth the extra money...That $800 dollars goes a long way on paying our sign and sail bill.....Dennis

We spent a lot of time on our balcony!! Had our coffee in the morning there, had afternoon drinks there, had drinks before and after dinner there...it was great to just be able to sit there and watch the ocean...

Plus we had 3 balconies all together and had them opened up so we had one long balcony! It was WONDERFUL!!

Oh and it didn't cost us 400.00 more per person either....

All I've ever had are balcony cabins, 8s or 12s. My first experience with an ocean view will be on John Heald's Blogger's Cruise in February.

I love balconies. The view is fantastic. The scent of the sea is intoxicating. It provides THE perfect location for reflection and relaxation...

By RARE luck, our first cruise was a balcony (upgraded from an inside guarantee) My DH was hooked and he refuses to cruise without a balcony. However, I love a balcony but don't mind cruising in an inside cabin if that's the only way I can cruise. So, in between cruises with DH (and a balcony), I cruise with my girlfriends and we always get the cheapest cabin we can find. It works out great!

I have had a balcony and not had one......I love the balcony but am rarely on it...I can't sit still got to keep moving! I will book a balcony if its affordable...but without question can do a oceanview or inside before I don't cruise at all. Nice to sit on balcony with coffee in morning but I like to be where the action is. Smokers like balconies for the obvious reason which I can't blame them.

Always. (except for one quick, cheap getaway on the Sensation, which doesn't have non-suite balconies and getting one of those would have defeated the purpose of the trip). That cruise turned out to be our least favorite of all we have done, so I don't think we'll ever cruise without a balcony again.

We don't do the pool/loungechair thing, so the balcony is our way to enjoy the outside. Love morning coffee out there, & drinks before dinner, and just looking at the ocean.

Like I said, I screwed up my poll. :o

I wanted to pose this poll after another poster started a thread asking how people afford to cruise so often....because it seems like most of you also get a balcony, making cruising even more expensive!

First cruise (Sensation) - inside. Didn't really bother us except we laughed at the fake window covered by a curtain.

Second cruise (also on the Sensation) - oceanview. We thought, hey, this view is kinda cool.

Third cruise (on the Pride) - first balcony, loved it. Realized instantly I was spoiled for anything else.

Fourth and Fifth cruise (Glory) - balcony, balcony. We had our young child on these cruises, so the balcony is great to have while she naps.

Sixth cruise planned for November (Miracle) - another balcony, although now I ogle the suites. Maybe one day.

Guest carlogesualdo

This will be our first balcony, thanks to Mr. Bush and his economic stimulus package...

I've been drooling over the thought since our first cruise 3 years ago. We didn't spend all that much time in the room last time - we just had an oceanview room. I think that may change this time.

We had a balcony on our last cruise & we'll never go back. We spent a lot of time on our balcony. We had coffee out there every single morning. We'd either have room service delivered or go up to the buffet & bring it back to the room. We had drinks on the balcony before dinner & spent time out there before bed. It was the best place to be alone, yet still be able to enjoy the ocean. It was moments of peace away from other people, from the bands playing, away from everything. We brought along our Bose IPod speaker/dock & enjoyed music out there. When we were in San Juan & our departure was delayed due to a medical emergency, at the surrounding balconies request, we cranked up the music & had a sing-a-long. Very fun! Prior to having a balcony, I spent very little time in the cabin. But with the balcony, we spent quite a bit of time there. I think it depends on your personality. DH & I really enjoy our alone time. We love relaxing in peace & quiet; that's not going to happen anywhere else on the boat.

I thought I'd be indifferent about balconies; our first cruise, I would have chosen an inside had GF not insisted on at least an OV. Second time around, we got a balcony, and it was fantastic. I'd go with OV or inside if money were tight, but BL is really the way to go.

On our very first cruise, we stuffed our family of four in an inside cabin.

Next cruise was a window.

After that we tried a balcony, and got hooked. We've always had balconies since, and there are certain cruises that I wouldn't cruise unless I had a balcony (Panama Canal, Alaska, etc.).

On the cruise we just took on the Glory, we went economical since we are taking a long cruise this fall, and we booked an OV. Now, you have to understand how we are when we first open our cabin door when we cruise.

We walk directly to the balcony, dropping our stuff on the bed as we pass by and throw open the doors and walk outside. We do that every time we come into the cabin. It's a habit.

We walked smack into the window in this last cabin. It wasn't a good feeling. And to make matters worse, we were on the Riviera deck. Oh, the withdrawal! It was horrible! Never again!

All we talked about on this last cruise on the Glory was how we'll have a balcony this fall!!

Shay

Like I said, I screwed up my poll. :o

I wanted to pose this poll after another poster started a thread asking how people afford to cruise so often....because it seems like most of you also get a balcony, making cruising even more expensive!

I think it all depends when you book. I have an aft balcony coming up on the Glory. I booked during a sale with upgrades given. Although it was only in April for a September cruise I guess I booked at the right time because now all I could get for my price is a guarantee 6B cabin, and between booking and now the price has been higher. To answer the original question no I would not cruise without a balcony, we spend a lot of time out there. We are not into crowds and do not go to the pools (to crowded can stay at home and sit at our pool) so all the sail aways, breakfast, port day lunches, port day afternoons and evenings are also spent there.

Well, we obviously did the wrong thing, we booked a balcony for our very first cruise:D WE LOVED IT!!!! Not only for the reasons already mentioned but, I booked our cabin on the aft side (thanks for the suggestion Host Mach) so we could watch sail aways and pulling into port sitting on our balcony (ok, all right, maybe I was standing, or jumping up and down).....when another ship docked beside us in Cozumel pulled away from dock, all the people in their ship on their balconies were waving bye to us. Corny, I know, but fun! Next cruise, balcony, of course!

Archived