Island Girl day sail with sea scooters?

39august

Just got back yesterday from our cruise. Used Island Girl with Mike. One of the best experiences of our trip. We are not strong swimmers and really enjoyed the scooters. Saw tons of fish and turtles and a ship wreck. The convience of being picked up right at the ship is great. Highly recommend this adventure. Only 6 people sailing. No crowds-low key. A great time

We also just got back from a cruise and felt that our 1/2 day sail with Island Girl was the best part of the cruise. The guided snorkelling with Andrew was great (and they provide a CD of underwater photos taken during the sail for a very reasonable price which was a great touch). Next time I would definitely go for the full day as we did not want to return to the ship at noon! Being picked up at the ship in Crown Bay was also a great time and money saver. Highly recommend

We also just got back from a cruise and felt that our 1/2 day sail with Island Girl was the best part of the cruise. The guided snorkelling with Andrew was great (and they provide a CD of underwater photos taken during the sail for a very reasonable price which was a great touch). Next time I would definitely go for the full day as we did not want to return to the ship at noon! Being picked up at the ship in Crown Bay was also a great time and money saver. Highly recommend

If you don't mind, how much was the photo CD? Thanks! :)

It was $15.00 in January and was well worth the money!!! Andrew takes pics of all the fish, sea turtles and guests. It is a wonderful way to remember your day.

Thanks for the info...my disposable camera shots always have a lot of missed opportunities...the fish swims away or my finger is in front of the lens or I'm too far away from what I'm trying to take a picture of so this will be a nice treat! Real pictures for a change without have to break the bank!:p:p

$15 which seemed very good value! I had an underwater camera with me but their shots were much better. Included some stock shots of various fish that were labelled plus lots of shots of us on board and underwater. Definitley worth it

Just booked for the 2nd time this year!! That is how much fun it is!! The sea scooters are the icing on the cake for me. It allows me to scoot the entire bay and not get tired. I don't swim very well and would never have the confidence I have without the scooter. In January there was a sea turtle and I swam with it because of my scooter.

Book it, you won't be sorry!!!

• 3 weeks later...

We did a 1/2 day Island Girl last week and an incredible time. We sailed to and from Buck Island. There was only my family of 4 on the trip so it was great! Mike met us at our ship and we took his dinghy to the ship. Everyone liked using the power snorkels....my teenage son loved doing spirals under water. We saw lots of Turtles, a stingray, parrot fish crunching on the corral making that snap... crackle... pop sound:p and numerous colorful fish. The sail back was relaxing and we enjoyed some cold beverages and a fruit and cheese tray. There was not a photo CD available on the day of our trip but we thoroughly enjoyed our day. Next time we will heed the advice of others and book a full day.

• 1 month later...

We've booked a full day sail with Island Girl. Those who have been on it - did you have any worries/concerns about getting back to the ship in time? This is our first cruise - so booking outside of DCL had me a little nervous, but the Island Girl looked like a great time. The power scooters seemed like a great way for my kids to get around faster - and Debi (with Island Girl) said they were easy for kids to use as well.

Deb

we took this tour on May 29th/09 ( half day)

Mike picked us up at the ship area.

was about a 45-50 min sale to ( buck Island)

the Scooters were Awsome very easy to use ( 3 speeds to)

water was really clear we saw tons of fish and turtles.

was only 4 of us on board. nice sail back to

We did a half day sail with Island Girl on 6/2/09. It was definitely the highlight of the vacation. My husband and I didn't use the sea scooters but my son and his friends did. They absolutely loved them. My DH and I just relaxed, got some sun, and had some rum punch. We did get to see the huge turtles when they came up for air. Mike and his assistant Lauren were great and treated us excellent. We did buy the CD that was offered for $15. Our only regret was not doing the full day sail. If we get back to St. Thomas next year, we will definitely do the full day. If you have any questions, just ask.

We did a half day sail with Island Girl on 6/2/09. It was definitely the highlight of the vacation. My husband and I didn't use the sea scooters but my son and his friends did. They absolutely loved them. My DH and I just relaxed, got some sun, and had some rum punch. We did get to see the huge turtles when they came up for air. Mike and his assistant Lauren were great and treated us excellent. We did buy the CD that was offered for $15. Our only regret was not doing the full day sail. If we get back to St. Thomas next year, we will definitely do the full day. If you have any questions, just ask.

I've read the half day is $75pp, how much is the full day? Are there any other charges other than the $15 cd of photos? We'll be there in April 24th off the Carnival Freedom and this sounds like a lot of fun..

Full day is $125 per person plus tip. You get lunch with the full day. You don't have to buy the CD of photos but it was definitely worth it.

You jump off into the water to snorkel but they have a ladder to climb when you get back on.

Full day is $125 per person plus tip. You get lunch with the full day. You don't have to buy the CD of photos but it was definitely worth it.

You jump off into the water to snorkel but they have a ladder to climb when you get back on.

Thanks Cindy, this sounds like fun so I think we'll try to book a whole day.

We usually tip the First Mate $20.00 for my husband and myself. Yes a tip is customary, but of course it is up to you. The service and attention has always been fantastic and the First Mates we have had on our two trips with Capt. Mike have been excellent! They make sure you have something to drink, answer any questions you may have, and even will get in the water with you to help you see all the sea life (or allow you to explore on your own if you like). They are definitely hoping they will receive a tip. This is the best 1/2 or full day sail we have ever taken!!!!

We just got back from the Freedom of the Seas last week and took the Island Girl 1/2 day sail / snorkel trip on Wednesday in St. Thomas. A terrific experience, beginning with an easy reservation process online and Mike meeting us right off the ship. There were a total of 6 passengers on the boat; a family of four and the two of us.

The sea scooters were a LOT of fun and very easy to use. They allowed you to see a much larger area without getting tired. We brought our own snorkeling equipment but did use the vests that Mike had available. We had plenty of time in the water and it felt like being on a private tour when we passed other ship excursions with 40-50 people crowded on board.

The ride out to the snorkeling area was pretty choppy due to prevailing winds, but the way back was smooth and beautiful. We had music playing on the boat, some little snacks and drinks were available throughout the day (alcohol available only after snorkeling) -- it was wonderful to lie back on the deck and look up at the sails against the sky. One of my favorite memories of the trip.

At the end of the sail, Mike delivered us right back to the pier in the dinghy, where we paid the remainder of our balance. A wonderful day, hassle-free and thankfully injury-free as well (people on the Pirate Duck tour that day were not so fortunate, sad to say.)

Highly recommended!

Archived