Suggestions for improving the "final morning"

Peggy Sue

I just saw the other thread mentioning a 25% discount on Amtrak for going to/from a cruise. What a fabulous idea to end an Alaska cruise, or anything that ends in Seattle! Take the Coast Starlight down to L.A. -- you will be in for a fabulous scenic treat of 2 days and one night

And it does stop in both Oakland & San Jose for us Bay Area people. That would be a good way to avoid the stress & strain of plane travel.....:)

Now if only HAL would plan 10-12 day Alaska cruises...:(

-dave

Cactuslady, if you're referring to the home of the 30th Space Wing, that would be Vandenberg AFB. The California desert is quite a fer piece from Nashville, Tennessee ... the home of Vanderbilt University and its top-notch law school. ;)

Oops. You're absolutely correct about the name, Jim. I must have been daydreaming about rich men . . . . :rolleyes:

But, while the beach at Point Conception has sand, it is not exactly the desert. You must have been thinking about Edwards AFB, where the Space Shuttle often lands.

Like most people, I want to board as soon as possible on sail day and disembark as late as possible on end of cruise day....it's the nature of the beast!

We've always hesitated to order breakfast from Room Service on that final morning, feeling that the crew is working their tails off hauling luggage etc. Well, I'm rethinking that - it's my last breakfast on board (and I've paid for it!) why not have it in comfort? . We don't aspire to suite accommodation so have no 'drag' in that area and no 'perks'.

All this 'you're our guest' garbage leaves me cold - I don't haul my guests out of bed at the crack of dawn and expect them to be 'happy campers' - by the same token I don't expect them to arrive at a set time. Scheduled arrival /departure times for cruise ships are essential but would it not make more sense to delay port arrival and departure times? - departing 'guests' would surely feel more appreciated and arriving guests would not be lining up at airports at the crack of dawn.....maybe even the airlines would be happier!

Simplistic as this may seem - anyone else feel as we do?

All this 'you're our guest' garbage leaves me cold - I don't haul my guests out of bed at the crack of dawn and expect them to be 'happy campers'. Would it not make more sense to delay arrival time in port! - departing 'guests' would surely feel more appreciated.

Anyone else feel as we do?

I sure do - expecting folks to be up before 8am is just plain uncivilized.

They can pull into port as early as they please - but don't expect me to be 'gleefully' up and at 'em anytime before 9am.

Otherwise, its only a 6 1/2 day cruise...

:cool:

Archived