Did The Upgrade Fairy Do Right By Us?

custompcsys

Hi Folks,

About a month ago I booked a guarantee for the first time - a BG guarantee on the Crown in late November for the Eastern Caribbean itinerary. My TA just e-mailed yesterday and said we got a cabin assignment - C205, which is a category BB. I'm happy as a clam that we ended up on the Caribe deck with the bigger balcony and got a 5 category upgrade! My only concern is that C205 is pretty far forward and I am concerned about the added motion, since the one time I did an aft balcony on the CB it got rough and I ended up getting sick, which never happened in midship balconies.

Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled with the assignment, and I understand with a guarantee I could have ended up far worse off. I was just hoping someone had experience with this cabin or nearby and can put my motion fears to rest. Either that or I will just pack my bonine and enjoy the upgrade! :)

Thanks!

Wow!!! Congratulations... Great cabin. We stayed in the forward cabins and noticed no motion at all. Less motion than in the rear. The only draw back that we noticed was that we had to walk all the way ;) to the back to dine....:p And yes, you could have gotten a cabin much worst. So thank you lucky stars...:) Enjoy your Crown cruise....Your going to love it.

Hi there,

Keeping in mind our experience was on Sapphire. We had some friends who were bumped up to a suite which would be the equivalent of 4 cabins forward of yours, they really felt lots of motion.

Like you said, take the bonine.......and have a great time. We had a Caribe balcony, they are very, very, nice.

Two factors affect the motion you will feel. This is meant to be reassuring. First of all caribe 222 is not extrememly forward and you need to look at the actual distance from the forwardmost cabin to the bow as stated on the deck plan and that alone will make you feel better. Second not only how far forward/aft you are is a factor but how midship top to bottom you are. Since caribe is basically center of ship top to bottom the roll motion is reduced. I think you will feel better after looking at these things. Caribe is a smooth ride. Now if you are forward on Plaza or lido that may be a motion issue as the top and bottom of the ship "roll" more and on plaza you will indeed feel the brunt of the Pitch as you will be close to the waves at the bottom. You should be just dandy.

Archived