Formal attire for infant boy??

FSUSammy

Hey everyone. I'm trying to find a nice outfit for our 9 month old for our cruise. I've looked at a couple of stores (Macy's, Carter's, and Gymboree to name a few) but haven't found any kind of mock suits for him. I'm looking for something that has nice pants with maybe a mock buttoned up shirt with a vest attached to it. Anyone know of a place where I can find something like that?

I could always do the sailor suit but my husband would just about kill me if I did that because he is still haunted by his baby pictures of himself in one of those.

You could check Ebay. Also, not sure when you are cruising, but I always buy formal wear after Christmas or after Easter, on clearance, lots of department stores, retail stores. Just buy the next size up and store it until next event.

I agree though - wouldn't stress too much about it, a nice outfit will be fine for dinner.

when we saild in feb our son was 9 months old...we got a suit from jcpenny....now the problem was is it was a 12 month outfit..and he is already small...we just folded the band of the pants to keep them up and the shirt fit fine. I think it was only 16 dollars. I am going to get him a new suit for our cruise next month...and will probably go to jcpenney

Ebay usually has a bunch of tuxes for little ones. I bought my sons on there for $25 (he is a 2T, but I think I saw them going much smaller.)

I should go back on there and sell mine, since he used it for all of an hour. :)

My personal opinion is that it's hard enough to keep a baby in clean clothes, never mind dressing him in formal attire. I would put one of his nicer outfits on him and not worry about it.

I agree 100%. You want the baby to be happy and comfortable. My DH says that suits are not and makes him unhappy, yes he is a 200 pound baby. As long as the baby is not crying or screaming everyone will be happy, you included. My advice dress him in something cute he already has and pack and extra. It is stressful enough to get yourself dressed and at dinner on time now try waking up a baby that is off the regular schedule to put on a suit. If you decide to do a suit, I would do a trial run first to make sure that the baby is not frustrated by the outfit.

My mom experience. My first child I would have tried this, the second probably not, by the third I would not even consider this. You should see the dress DD4 (my baby) picked as her "fancy dress" for the cruise. My friend saw is yesterday and said, "well, that is just ugly." I tried to leave it in the dressing room;) She loves it and feels good in it and so...just not worth the fight. I want her to be happy. My DS6 will not be wearing a suit but a shirt and tie, maybe a sweater vest too. He has never worn a tie before, baby steps. LOL about salior suit my husband would not allow DS to dress like that as a baby/toddler. Again not worth the fight with the biggest baby in the family.

I found a formal outfit, tux pants, shirt, and vest for our son who was 9 months at the time at a consignment shop. I think it was $8 and in perfect condition.

Other then that ebay has tons, I just was being very cheap and didn't even want to spend $25 on something he would wear for a couple of hours. Good luck.

I too went to thrift shops and found a 3 piece for 7 or 8 bucks. I didn't care to much for the sweater vest, but it was still nice. I got lucky at a different thrift store and found a nicer, satin vest for .75 cents and then went to pay only to find out it was 50% off!!!! I love a bargain and he will only wear it once before he grows out of it.

Also, ask friends and family if they have any pieces you can use. Someone might have the black slacks or the dress shirt or the vest.

Archived