What would happen if....

NapTown Jim

....I packed a hip-flask of some sort of alcaholic beverage, say Khaluha and poured some in my coffee at lunch and one of the waiters saw me do it? Do they confiscate these things since you're not supposed to bring your own booze on board? Would I need to keep said flask hidden from my room steward?

Just curious. I'm thinking a Khaluha & Coffee would be a great beverage for the Glacier Bay.

heh Jim,

google rumrunnerflasks...your problem is solved. We always "byob" in those and carry our large mouthed water bottles or travel mugs. Very easy to put some of whatever in a cup and just carry it to the buffet and fill with coffee.

My favorite is kalua in my bottle and a bit of soft serve for my afternoon desert by the pool...

ps..remember to put those RRF in checked luggage

good luck!

No problems if you keep it in your room (even in plain sight) but I do think it is a bit inappropriate to carry it into public areas of the ship. JMHO

Even if the guy is sitting out by the pool or is in the Lido and just wants a little "shot" in his coffee? No, I don't see a thing wrong with that. Maybe taking it into a bar, asking for a glass, and then pouring your own would be "tacky" ... but just adding a jolt to your coffee at the pool? No, I see nothing wrong with that at all.

Also, no, HAL will not confiscate it. They have no idea if you bought that stuff onboard and just poured some in the flask or if you brought it from home. No one will bother you about it.

Blue skies ...

--rita

heh Jim,

google rumrunnerflasks...your problem is solved. We always "byob" in those and carry our large mouthed water bottles or travel mugs. Very easy to put some of whatever in a cup and just carry it to the buffet and fill with coffee.

My favorite is kalua in my bottle and a bit of soft serve for my afternoon desert by the pool...

ps..remember to put those RRF in checked luggage

good luck!

Tell us about the RRF PLEASE...Were you able to bring them on board the ship in your packed luggage???

I travel with my own thermal insulated coffee mug. What I put into it in my own room is my business. There are no mug inspectors on HAL!

However, they do strongly suggest that you fill a clean coffee cup or cups with coffee and then put the coffee into your own container.

No problem!

A couple packs of hot chocolate mix and you are in for a treat!

....I packed a hip-flask of some sort of alcaholic beverage, say Khaluha and poured some in my coffee at lunch and one of the waiters saw me do it? Do they confiscate these things since you're not supposed to bring your own booze on board? Would I need to keep said flask hidden from my room steward?

Just curious. I'm thinking a Khaluha & Coffee would be a great beverage for the Glacier Bay.

Khaluha is something that can be easily ordered for the cabin ahead of time. Why put yourself, your cabin attendant and other servers into the potential of a compromised position?

:D No one will say anything. I usually mix our drinks in our room to drink in the room, but have been known to take a drink to one of the evening shows. I saw others pouring "stuff" into glasses at dinner, too. We tend to pack any liquids in our carry on........

Have a great trip!

IF anyone approaches you, tell them to buzz off..

That is all you need on vacation is the "booze police".

You paid a significant amount of money to cruise, they really have no right to tell you what you can bring and not bring with you. Would somebody do that to do you in a hotel? I think not.

I would NOT tolerate anyone approaching me on that issue..

Or you could just by the ones the sell on the outside decks in Glacier Bay.

I had a standing order for a khaluha and coffee to go with my dessert on our honeymoon cruise and they served it to me in a cocktail glass. It was good, but not exactly what I'd like, but I wasn't in a mood to make a fuss. Thanks, but no thanks....I prefer to drink that concoction out of a regular coffee mug.

IF anyone approaches you, tell them to buzz off..

That is all you need on vacation is the "booze police".

You paid a significant amount of money to cruise, they really have no right to tell you what you can bring and not bring with you. Would somebody do that to do you in a hotel? I think not.

I would NOT tolerate anyone approaching me on that issue..[/quote)

I respectfully dissent.

A cruise line ABSOLUTELY has the right to tell you what you can bring on board. There is a thing called a CONTRACT which is legally binding. They have the right to confiscate prohibited materials and they have the right to deny boarding of anyone who refuses to comply with the policies.

Given all that, HAL is more liberal in their policies of bringing alcohol on board than other lines. Still, it is a rather bad idea to flaunt violations and defy anyone to tell you different. Such atttitudes might easily result in a change of policy closer to the restrictions of other cruise lines.

Rum Runners Flask, it is a great way to pack liquor and other liquids in a checked suitcase. It is not very likely to break or leak and it is much lighter than a glass container.

I have use it a number of times never a problem. Traveled to London for a Northern European cruise, then a transatlantic cruise and plus a few Caribbean cruises.

go to http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/

Order the 32 ounce one, it is the ideal sized.

"It would, however, be totally inappropriate to spike the Dutch pea soup with Kahlua"

Indeed. That just sounds gross.

I'm thinkin' vodka, on the other hand, might not be too bad.:D

A couple of years ago, we had a table mate that brought a flask filled with Bailey's to the dining room each evening. After we had all ordered near the end of the meal, he passed the flask around for those that cared to 'enhance' their coffee. This was done in plain view of the waiters and no one ever said anything...............

A couple of years ago, we had a table mate that brought a flask filled with Bailey's to the dining room each evening. After we had all ordered near the end of the meal, he passed the flask around for those that cared to 'enhance' their coffee. This was done in plain view of the waiters and no one ever said anything...............

IMO bringing your own food or drink into an establishment that sells food and drink is in bad taste. The waiters may just be a bit more classy instead of making a scene.

Archived