scooter passengers and muster drills on the CB

cairascioci

Hi - Quick question and I hope some of the more experienced cruisers can help...

We're traveling with my parents in about 2 weeks on the Carribean Princess. They are experienced cruisers, but this is the first time Mom will be using her scooter. In the past, Mom and Dad have just stayed in their cabin when it was time for the muster drill. Previously she would use a WC for traveling about the ship, but walk for short distances. I have my reservations about just having them stay in their cabin during the muster drill. In the event of an actual emergency, Mom and Dad would be clueless about what they really needed to do and staff would have no way of knowing that they need assistance.

Does anyone know if Princess has specific guidelines or recommendations for scooter passengers and the muster drill? Do you have any helpful hints from your own experiences?

As it turns out, I am in an air cast for a broken foot. I can ambulate, but need to go slow at the stairs. I was just figuring on heading to the muster station a few minutes early and staying till after the crowds leave.

Thanks for your help.

I mainly cruise with Princess and use a rollator. I always attend muster especially since Princess makes it relatively painless. First, you don't have to go outside and second, you don't have to stand. You will be assigned to a lounge or a showroom for muster. Take your life vest and go early so you can use the elevator. The whole thing will take a half an hour or less. Also I always tell my room steward that I will need additional assistance in an emergency. I usually stay in the lounge for a little while after the muster to let the elevators clear.

I am ambulatory, but use a cane and can't use stairs. I always go to mustering fairly early, but Carnival and RCCL have pulled me aside, made note of my cabin number and I didn't have to stand in the hot area for long amounts of time (although several times on RCCL my muster station was inside -- Bonus!!)

Make sure and let them know that your parents will need assistance in the rare occasion that something happens. It is better to be safe than sorry!

Archived