Dining Room Assignments

debt

Is there a certian order as to how tables/levels are assigned? Do they seat by cabin catagories? Decks? Nationalities? Or is it pretty much random?

My experience has been that it is randomly generated. They will, however, try to seat people within a similar age range together. I saw some of their seating charts on the computer which listed the ages, nationalities, etc. of everyone at the table.

I think they do try to make some sort of logical decision. The only times we've been at tables shared with other parties, we experienced the following:

DH and I plus two other couples, one our age (30s) and one a little older (maybe late 40s). The younger couple was actually in a cabin about three doors down from us. Everyone got along fine.

On a family cruise we took, there was one other couple stuck at our table (there were 10 of us), but they were the same age (early 80s) as DH's aunt and uncle who were with us, and were Diamond members like the rest of us. They fit in great.

There are also plenty of stories on these boards of families being matched up with other families with similar-age children.

Is it difficult to change a dining room assignment on the first day if you don't like the table that was assigned to you?

Also, someone on my roll call suggested we sit together in the dining room - how do we accomplish this?

From my experience it appears that if you have children in your party, then they will try to seat you with other families with children the same ages.

Conversely, no kids, usually seated with no kids. Yeah!

Is it difficult to change a dining room assignment on the first day if you don't like the table that was assigned to you?

Also, someone on my roll call suggested we sit together in the dining room - how do we accomplish this?

To change your dining you need to go to the dining room when it opens for that purpose on day 1. There will be a line, and their ability to change may be limited when on a full ship.

Dining together is called "linking reservations" and can be done by phone or by looking at your reservation info on the website. You must have the other party's reservation number. I would do that as early as possible - before they make up the seating charts.

When you go the dining room to request a table change, they will make every effort to accommodate your request based on table availability. My experience has been that unless you are seated with people you really don't get along well with, it is usually better to remain at the table you are assigned to. You never know who you will be sitting with next. ;)

Archived