3rd, 4th and 5th guests in a Stateroom........

sail7seas

Good God !!!

A week crammed in one cabin (whatever the size) with DW, 3 kids (one a teenage girl)

I would never even see the bathroom *LOL*

I would have to go in the public restrooms , and take a shower with a hose up on deck :)

I hear you! Luckily most that do this have infants and toddlers, so you will see SY with 4 or SA with 5 and it really isn't a problem due to the "sizes" involved. I have also seen it done because someone with a small(ish) child wants to sail in a verandah stern cabin and you can only put two in the cabin but you can sleep three pretty easily with the right sized child.

Good God !!!

A week crammed in one cabin (whatever the size) with DW, 3 kids (one a teenage girl)

I would never even see the bathroom *LOL*

I would have to go in the public restrooms , and take a shower with a hose up on deck :)

:D And that's a vacation. No thanks I'll stay home and clean out the garage. You four go and enjoy. I know some always say "as long as I'm on the ship" but here you have gone to far...two in our cabin is the max.

:D And that's a vacation. No thanks I'll stay home and clean out the garage. You four go and enjoy. I know some always say "as long as I'm on the ship" but here you have gone to far...two in our cabin is the max.

Amen:)

I think vacation accomodations should be better than what you have at home. Thats the fun of being pampered on vacation.

Being shoe horned into a cabin and standing in line for a bathroom. When I have a plenty of room, and bathrooms at home is no vacation.

Plus my garage could use the cleaning *LOL*

Amen:)

I think vacation accomodations should be better than what you have at home. Thats the fun of being pampered on vacation.

Being shoe horned into a cabin and standing in line for a bathroom. When I have a plenty of room, and bathrooms at home is no vacation.

Plus my garage could use the cleaning *LOL*

I understand what you are saying, but believe me ... many others do not feel the same.

There are some people who simply could not afford the accommodations necessary to spread out. Cruising has to be budgeted. If they can get a good deal on a cabin, then guess what? They either sail with the kids in with them, or they don't sail. Getting a second cabin for the kids is simply not a financially viable option.

I don't know ... I just don't see that it would be so bad ... especially if the other two were children. As for the restrooms, there are plenty of public restrooms around the ship ... on every deck ... including those with only cabins. I used to walk past the public restroom on the main deck every night as I headed back to my cabin. So, what's the problem using it when the one in your cabin is in use? What's the problem with you and your husband both being in the bathroom at the same time ... him in the shower and you at the sink putting on your make-up? Then there are the showers in the gym. If your children are older, you can send them up there for their shower ... if they are younger, one parent take one kid up to the gym while the other showers with the other kid in the cabin. It can be worked out. Especially if you plan your timing carefully so that those wanting to shower in the gym are doing so at "off" times, they shouldn't have a problem getting in there, leaving the cabin bathroom free for the rest of the family to use for getting ready ... especially on a formal night.

I can understand what you are saying, and that makes sense IF one can afford to pay for a second cabin. But if it was a matter of either the family sails in one cabin or they don't sail at all, I think I would rather let the family have a vacation, with all the wonderful memories it will entail ... than keep them all at home because I didn't want to "cram" four into a standard inside or outside cabin.

Just my humble opinion ...

Blue skies ...

--rita

I understand what you are saying, but believe me ... many others do not feel the same.

There are some people who simply could not afford the accommodations necessary to spread out. Cruising has to be budgeted. If they can get a good deal on a cabin, then guess what? They either sail with the kids in with them, or they don't sail. Getting a second cabin for the kids is simply not a financially viable option.

I don't know ... I just don't see that it would be so bad ... especially if the other two were children. As for the restrooms, there are plenty of public restrooms around the ship ... on every deck ... including those with only cabins. I used to walk past the public restroom on the main deck every night as I headed back to my cabin. So, what's the problem using it when the one in your cabin is in use? What's the problem with you and your husband both being in the bathroom at the same time ... him in the shower and you at the sink putting on your make-up? Then there are the showers in the gym. If your children are older, you can send them up there for their shower ... if they are younger, one parent take one kid up to the gym while the other showers with the other kid in the cabin. It can be worked out. Especially if you plan your timing carefully so that those wanting to shower in the gym are doing so at "off" times, they shouldn't have a problem getting in there, leaving the cabin bathroom free for the rest of the family to use for getting ready ... especially on a formal night.

I can understand what you are saying, and that makes sense IF one can afford to pay for a second cabin. But if it was a matter of either the family sails in one cabin or they don't sail at all, I think I would rather let the family have a vacation, with all the wonderful memories it will entail ... than keep them all at home because I didn't want to "cram" four into a standard inside or outside cabin.

Just my humble opinion ...

Blue skies ...

--rita

Oh Rita I understand that.

There were 4 of us growing up and we doubled and tripled up many times on trips. (not cruises) but we always managed especially when we were little. We might not have gone first class everytime, but we went on a lot of great trips and had some great times.

True when you have little ones its better to do the best you can with what you can afford than not go at all.

I used HAL's "Find a Cruise" function for sailings on the Rotterdam, a Vista ship, and the Eurodam. I picked an itinerary, any itinerary, and clicked the "Proceed to Booking" button. In all cases, the dropdown for the number of passengers goes from 1 thru 4 ... so, I'm guessing the instances of 5 in a cabin are few and far between and likely allowed only in the very largest cabins. So, the fuel charge for passenger #5 is just HAL's way of covering their proverbial in the rare instance that a party of 5 is permitted to book one cabin at all ever ever.

Archived